What is Thanx?
Thanx helps merchants build deeper, data-driven relationships with their best customers. We capture valuable transaction and lifetime value data about customers and enable merchants to act on that information with simple ROI-focused marketing campaigns. As a Software-as-a-Service offering, Thanx requires no point-of-sale integration or additional hardware, instead pulling data directly from proprietary partnerships with the major credit card companies — the result is a seamless merchant experience and equally joyful consumer experience which eliminates the hassles of plastic cards, phone numbers, punch cards and other traditional loyalty program staples which just slow things down.
Who are we?
We are a rapidly growing team backed by some of the best venture capitalists in the country like Sequoia Capital from whom we raised our recent $17.1 million Series B. We’re a young company and we expect every early employee to be a massive contributor, create things that have never existed before, have fun, and be a friend to their co-workers. We literally say "Thanx" to each other in team meetings every week, as corny as it may be.
Who Are You?
You are a hands on people person who has experience with what it is like to be part of a fast growing, high performing organization. You are willing to roll up your sleeves up and do what it takes to help create a culture that can attract, retain, and develop the best talent for our business. This is not your first rodeo. You have experienced the responsibilities that can fall to the People org in a fast growing company, but may not yet have had a chance to run your own show. Now is your chance! You are organized and detail oriented and understand the importance of building scalable processes at an early stage to lay the right foundation for growth. You have a curious mind and fundamentally believe technology is a force for good. You think work should be rewarding and fun and are willing to take action to make it so.
The People Operations Manager will own the People function as our only dedicated People resource and report to the COO. You will be responsible for overseeing all dimensions of People with a strong emphasis on supporting the recruiting and onboarding processes as we double in size in the next year.
- Develop and manage all People operations: systems, processes and programs; e.g. onboarding, coaching for effective 1:1’s, employee feedback process, benefits, compensation, recruiting, immigration, training, and everything else in between
- Lead the process for identifying, recruiting and evaluating new hires
- Partner with employees to support a daily work experience that makes them feel energized and empowered to make an impact, from nourishment to career development
- Develop and implement a feedback process that connects employees individual performance to the priorities of the business, our values, and core competencies
- Act as a trusted and knowledgeable resource to guide employees through their growth and development
- BA/BS degree with at least 5 years of experience in HR
- Direct experience managing the talent processes in a growing company
- Previous experience working in a start up environment required, technology company preferred
- Strong value driven employee service orientation
- Knowledge of current labor laws, as well as recent changes and trends in employment practices
- Ability to navigate difficult conversations and be a trusted and discreet partner
- An understanding of the daily practices that affect and define culture