Who are we?
Thanx is a leading provider of digital guest engagement for offline businesses. Brick-and-mortar retailers, restaurants, and malls are facing an unprecedented crisis in the aftermath of COVID-19; Thanx helps these businesses embrace digital purchasing, capture greater customer data, and take action on that information to personalize every interaction with their guests. Our proprietary integrations with credit card networks (e.g. Visa) provide the volume and accuracy of purchase data which sits at the core of every product we build. Last quarter, Thanx saw record digital purchasing and marketing campaigns initiated on our platform, even amid a global pandemic. Recently named to the Nation’s Restaurant News “2020 Power List” as one of the 50 most influential innovators in food-service, our CEO describes our vision: “Brick-and-mortar commerce in the US alone is a multi-trillion dollar category but most businesses still severely lack the data and tools to deliver personalized, closed-loop marketing. Thanx is on a mission to change this permanently.”
Thanx has gained the investment of prominent venture and growth equity luminaries, having raised more than $30M from elite investors such as M33 Growth, Ribbit Capital, and Sequoia Capital. Core to our success is a culture that has attracted some of the best talents from across the country; we are proud of our incredibly strong employee tenure, track record of internal promotions, and impressive alumni network. We credit our cultural “core behaviors” with these accomplishments: Find A Way, Focus on What Matters, Say “Thanx” Genuinely, Welcome Diverse Perspectives, and Empathy Over Ego.
Who Are You?
As a member of the small but mighty Thanx marketing team, you'll be responsible for a broad range of activities with increasing influence over strategy as you get acclimated. This is a rare opportunity to play a critical role in the growth of a fast-paced startup while making a direct impact on a rapidly changing industry. Reporting to the VP of Marketing and working closely with sales, product management, and customer success, you will support a wide range of activities across the marketing funnel with a focus on product marketing.
This position may be a good fit if:
- You are a strategic thinker but pride yourself on being able to fully own and execute at any level of detail.
- You have a background and deep understanding or interest in the restaurant or retail industry and can listen, learn and then articulate current and future buyer pain points.
- You are naturally curious and take a scientific approach to learning and asking questions.
- You enjoy relentlessly listening to and advocating for existing and future customers.
- You thrive in high-impact and high-visibility arenas.
- You build relationships and can easily influence at all levels. You are comfortable working in a cross-functional capacity within a fast-paced, often ambiguous, start-up environment.
- You have a strong work ethic with an innate desire to push the boundaries and challenge the status quo.
- You love to solve problems.
Near-term responsibilities include:
- Gather and analyze the market and competitive intelligence. Conduct win/loss, churn analysis, and monitor market trends, then curate this information at the right level for constituents cross-functionally.
- Maintain buyer personas and customer journeys that align the organization around the needs of our buyers and bring customers through the optimal experience.
- Build differentiated messaging, collateral, and marketing programs that support the business to drive demand, accelerate pipeline, and expand our existing business.
- Working closely with the product team, managing product launches from inception through execution including positioning, messaging, content development, and determination of optimal channels.
- Produce diverse collateral that effectively communicates Thanx platform capabilities and articulates business cases and value propositions for customers, prospects, and partners (product guides, videos, demos, trials, presentations, help and support portals, etc.)
- Act as a product expert and source of information for the rest of the organization, to enable sales and post-sales team members on all aspects of the product.
- Engage through events, analyst meetings (if and when we get there), and customer meetings to evangelize the Thanx platform
- Present to executives and other stakeholders on a regular basis on the performance of marketing activities.
- Activities will result in measurable increases in win rates, adoption, renewals, NPS, and revenues.
We are not big on requirements, but you likely have:
- 4+ years of consulting or product marketing experience at a fast-growing technology, agency, or advisory firm with clear, fast, and hard-earned career progression.
- Expertise in related technologies including marketing automation, email marketing, CRM, loyalty, feedback, mobile or web technology, or experience working in the retail or restaurant industry.
- Experience in a very fast-paced, startup environment with the ability to quickly get up to speed, iterate, and take on other projects.
- Leadership skills with analytics chops and excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Computer Software
Perks — we care about our people
- Workplace flexibility: You choose to work from home or in one of our offices (or both)
- 401k Plan
- Excellent Healthcare benefits including Telemedicine Services
- Home Internet Reimbursement
- Home Office Stipend
- In office meals & team events
- "Thanx for Lunch" monthly meal stipend
- Take what you need PTO
- Learning and Development
- Mac OS Hardware
- Quarterly Employee Recognition Program
More about Thanx:
Thanx has gained the investment of prominent venture and growth equity luminaries, having raised more than $30M from elite investors such as M33 Growth, Ribbit Capital, and Sequoia Capital — with our most recent financing (not yet formally announced) coming earlier in 2020 (feels like a lifetime ago, huh?). Core to our success is a culture that has attracted some of the best talent from across the country; we are proud of our incredibly strong employee tenure, track-record of internal promotions, and impressive alumni network. We credit our cultural “core behaviors” with these accomplishments: Find A Way, Focus on What Matters, Say “Thanx” Genuinely, Welcome Diverse Perspectives, and Empathy Over Ego.
Ready to change your life? Apply now!
We are proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. Thanx will consider qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records for employment in a manner consistent with local requirements.