Americans spend more than $5 trillion on restaurants, retail, and services each year. Nearly 90% of those transactions happen in a real-world store. Online, data is king. It powers personalized customer experiences and product recommendations. Offline, it’s still 1999. No data is captured; certainly, none is used to improve merchant decision-making or customer experience. No wonder brick-and-mortar stores are being left behind.
Thanx is a customer engagement platform - an integrated solution that enables merchants to interact with their customers. Point solutions are so 2000s. Data on spending, location, time, items/SKUs, and feedback is ingested from multiple sources. Leveraging this data, Thanx provides a complete, longitudinal view of a customer, enabling merchants to engage with customers in a personalized way. Plus, with a closed loop with credit card networks, merchants can, for once, measure changes in consumer behavior for each marketing dollar thats spent.
In a nutshell, Thanx ingests data, provides insights, enables actions to drive growth in the business. As a platform, Thanx is a horizontally-scalable, reliable, high-throughput, low-latency system.
Thanx is backed by some of the best investors in the world — Sequoia Capital, Icon Ventures, and Andy Rachleff (CEO Wealthfront, cofounder Benchmark Capital), to name a few.
Yes, we have an app you can download. But that represents no more than 5% of our codebase. The power of Thanx is massively scalable data pipelines, microservices that power four 9s uptime, intelligent purchase normalization, and matching algorithms — we don’t show that stuff off publicly.
Here’s more on who we are:
- Team: early engineers at AWS, Cloudera, Climate, Zenefits, Okta. Experience from startups and successful product companies like Google, Facebook, Intuit, Disney. This is an elite Eng team, period.
- Growth: 10x YOY data growth; $100M+ delivered to merchants; 200% team growth; modern, rapidly-evolving platform.
- Tech: scalable, reliable, high-throughput, low-latency backend systems; beautiful, performant, responsive UIs; user-friendly mobile apps.
- Culture: data-driven decision-making, risk-taking, no hierarchy, collaboration & shared responsibility, testing, and continuous improvement. As a remote-friendly team, we have flexible work hours. We work and play hard — be warned! when it comes to Mario Kart, we are super competitive!
- This is a hands-on role. You spend significant time writing code
- Be a technical leader - ideate, architect, mentor others; advance our platform
- Work across the stack - backend, front-end, mobile, data ingestion and processing, AI/machine learning, security, infrastructure, scalability, DevOps.
- Be involved in platform evolution, product ideation, design, architecting systems, helping shape engineering, and company culture. And, of course, top-notch equity.
Technologies We Use
- Ruby on Rails, Golang, React, React Native, Swift, Objective-C, Java/Kotlin, Elasticsearch, MySQL, Postgres, AWS, Heroku, Terraform, Docker
Sound like You?
- Over 6 years front-end engineering experience
- Interest in branching out from front-end
- You’re always learning new frameworks, languages, and APIs
- You’re a fantastic team player: communicative, collaborative, empathetic
- You thrive in a distributed team environment
We are proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.