About the job
Testlio helps more than a billion people use world-class apps in real-life moments that matter. With an industry-leading platform and unmatched QA experts, we power Testing-as-a-Service. Many of the world’s best apps trust Testlio to enable them to deploy with confidence. Our clients include CBS, Fox, Etsy, Hotels.com, Lyft, Microsoft, MLS, The NBA, Strava, USA Today, and Vimeo.
Testlio is seeking for an experienced Data Scientist who will support our product, service, sales, leadership and marketing teams with insights gained from analyzing company data. The ideal candidate is adept at using large data sets to find opportunities for product and process optimization and using models to test the effectiveness of different courses of action. They must have strong experience using a variety of data mining/data analysis methods, using a variety of data tools, building and implementing models, using/creating algorithms and creating/running simulations. They must have a proven ability to drive business results with their data-based insights. They must be comfortable working with a wide range of stakeholders and functional teams. The right candidate will have a passion for discovering solutions hidden in large data sets and working with stakeholders to improve business outcomes.
- Work with stakeholders throughout the organization to identify opportunities for leveraging company data to drive business solutions.
- Mine and analyze data from company databases to drive optimization and improvement of product development, marketing techniques and business strategies.
- Assess the effectiveness and accuracy of new data sources and data gathering techniques.
- Develop custom data models and algorithms to apply to data sets.
- Use predictive modeling to increase and optimize customer experiences, revenue generation, and other business outcomes.
- Coordinate with different functional teams to implement models and monitor outcomes.
- Develop processes and tools to monitor and analyze model performance and data accuracy.
- Designing, building and optimizing elements of Testlio’s Data Science Platform. Main areas include:
- Machine Learning models life cycle
- Data pipelines (ETLs, stream processing)
- Storage and statistics systems (Data Lake, Data Warehouse)
- Machine Learning models life cycle
- Coding mostly in TypeScript and Node.js (previous experience is not required), occasionally in Python and other languages.
- Designing and optimizing SQL queries and data storage formats.
- Contributing ideas to our product development roadmap.
What we expect from you
- Strong problem solving skills with an emphasis on product development.
- Experience using statistical computer languages (R, Python, SLQ, etc.) to manipulate data and draw insights from large data sets.
- Experience working with and creating data architectures.
- Knowledge of a variety of machine learning techniques (clustering, decision tree learning, artificial neural networks, etc.) and their real-world advantages/drawbacks.
- 4+ years of experience in software development.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills for coordinating across teams.
- A drive to learn and master new technologies and techniques.
- Good knowledge of SQL (e.g. MySQL, PostgreSQL, AWS Redshift).
- A university degree in a technical subject (Computer science, Mathematics or similar).
What we have to offer
- You'll have the chance to help some of the biggest and most exciting companies in the world confidently ship consumer apps that today already reach more than 1 billion people.
- Opportunity to experience an unmatched company culture, collaborating with a motivated, transparent and talented global, distributed team.
- Opportunity to learn constantly in a truly diverse and fast-paced environment.
- Competitive salary, compensation plans and stock options.
- Comprehensive coverage for medical, dental, and vision insurance.
- Employee wellness and development perks - educational budget, sport compensation, team events, good food, relaxing massages etc.
- Not to mention, you'll be a part of an amazing pride of lions - check out our Lionfest video and be updated with what’s going on.