Social Media Marketer
We are looking for an experienced Social Media Marketer to pioneer our social media content. ACT wants to engage with the world on the unique value and market opportunity of environmental commodities, especially against the backdrop of global climate action.
Prior to this vacancy, we have never had an in-house social media marketer or specialist to bring our knowledge and stories to life in a way that sounds like us. We see enormous potential in the digital marketing space for ACT to make an impact.
If you are a driven social media specialist and community builder, have a strong interest in turning human stories of colleagues and clients into meaningful content marketing, and are looking for a truly unique challenge, then we believe this role is for you.
Who we are
ACT is the world’s leading provider of market-based sustainability solutions. As enablers of the global energy transition, we help organizations hit their climate targets, no matter how ambitious. Since founding in 2009, we have become a trusted brand in high-impact climate projects, green electricity markets, renewable energies and energy efficiency, emission allowances and carbon offsetting. We offer tailor-made solutions backed up by unparalleled market knowledge from our global offices in Amsterdam, New York City, Shanghai and Paris. In shaping environmental markets, ACT enables its partners to pursue sustainable futures and make the world #BetterTogether.
Where you come in
As our Social Media Marketer, you will be part of the global marketing team based in our Amsterdam headquarters. You will be responsible for supporting the brand, expanding awareness and heightening our storytelling capabilities. In this role, you will deliver engaging brand content and social media campaigns, source core business and recruitment stories and transform them into meaningful marketing content, work towards building an online community across channels, create digital advertising content and campaigns and analyze and report on the results.
As a member of a marketing team that serves local and global audiences, you will bring drive and passion for social media and the communities impacted. You understand the strategic and practical side of social channels, and have a knack for adopting the specific voice of a brand to actively engage with followers. As the market is constantly changing – it is directly affected by climate change and related regulations and practices – you will also commit to being up to date on the latest developments and trends.
You will be ACT’s first in-house Social Media Marketer, so you will have the distinct chance to make a real impact and tell our story.
- Help develop and lead the rollout of social media strategies as part of the Marketing team, helping us to engage with our audiences, communities and clients in a way that drives brand awareness
- Lead and manage ACT’s social content calendar on both strategic and practical levels
- Create and grow a community that champions ACT and its vision and values
- Plan and publish text, image and video content on all channels
- Manage the day-to-day social media management activities, including sourcing stories and content ideas, collaborating with product marketers, copywriters and designers to bring them to life, executing campaigns and analyzing and reporting on performance
- Support team members in social media tools, channels and strategy
- Actively shape the ACT tone and apply it to user conversations across channels
- Work mainly with LinkedIn, Twitter and Instagram, though we are always open to suggestions
What we are looking for
- 2-4 years of professional experience as a Social Media Marketer or in a similar role
- Experience developing social media strategies from scratch and analyzing and reporting on results
- Experience in advertising and putting budgets behind sponsored content
- Working knowledge of SEO and how to apply it in a social media context
- Experience shifting between the creative and analytical sides of marketing and branding (be able to demonstrate the logic behind your ideas)
- Fluency in English (other languages are a plus)
- Interest in environmental trends and markets
- Professional-level knowledge of social media tools and performance metrics
What we offer
You will work with an international Marketing team situated at ACT’s flagship Amsterdam office in the brand new Atrium complex in Amsterdam Zuid. We offer competitive salaries and bonus packages and a comprehensive portfolio of incentive options. There are also many opportunities to develop and upskill (and learn Dutch if you are non-native) through our growing ACT Academy platform. The ACT work environment is fast-paced, collaborative and friendly – we all want to see one another succeed, and we support every chance we get. It is an adage you have heard before, but we do play as hard as we work, and we work quite hard. And we celebrate every success as a collective.
Training and Onboarding Information:
- Onboarding program ACT: join our intensive onboarding program in which you will learn about ACT as an organization, our people and our business through introductions, trainings, social and fun activities. Your journey will start with your individual onboarding plan and meetings with your assigned buddy.
- Besides experiential learning on the job, you will join our ACT Academy to continue your learning and development journey in accordance with your career track on job related training courses.
- Throughout the year you will participate in team workshops focused on team building and personal growth. You will have the opportunity to participate in personal development trainings focused on self-awareness and communication skills. You will have access to our external coaches to focus on individual career coaching,
To apply, please send us your CV, a short motivation letter and examples of your work. The interview process will involve a creative assignment.
We look forward to meeting you.
NL: Een pre employment screening is onderdeel van onze sollicitatieprocedure
EN: A Pre-employment screening is part of our application procedure