Who we are:
ACT is the world’s leading provider of market-based sustainability solutions. Working at the centre of the global energy transition, ACT helps organizations hit their climate action targets, no matter how ambitious. Since 2009, ACT has become a trusted brand in high-impact climate projects, renewable energy markets, energy efficiency, renewable fuels, and carbon credits. ACT delivers tailor-made solutions from offices in Amsterdam, New York, Paris, Shanghai and Singapore, enabling its partners to join the environmental revolution and pursue more sustainable futures.
What you'll do:
As an Accountant you will be part of the ACT France team and working closely with our headquarters in Amsterdam. Because we are experiencing rapid growth in our scale-up phase, you will get the chance to have an impact by proposing improvements to working methods and supporting implementation of these improvements. We want someone open-minded and eager to learn, someone who can think outside the box.
You will be responsible for handling Accounts Payable and Receivable, which includes processing incoming invoices, outgoing invoices and bank statements, performing reconciliations, and delivering related reports and analyses. Your goal is taking full ownership of the AP/AR process and skilfully managing relationships with the Managing Director, Finance team, Front Office, Operations and the Treasury department, as well as having contact with clients when needed. In a nutshell your tasks will be:
- Ensuring accurate and timely registration and posting of customer and creditor invoices.
- Ensuring correct VAT application and documentation during accounting registration by being in close contact with Operations and Front Office.
- Preparation and timely declaration of monthly VAT returns.
- Closely monitoring and following up on invoice approvals.
- Processing netting settlements (debtor/creditor).
- Executing the invoicing, confirmation and settlement process based on service level agreements (SLA) with other ACT Business Units.
- Reconciling intercompany positions.
- Processing bank statements.
- Monitoring cash flow on a daily basis.
- Being a main contact for AP/AR related matters (clients, treasury and front office).
- Managing any phone calls, letters, and emails to the accounting department.
- Preparing various AP/AR reports.
- Assisting with execution of financial audit requests.
- Actively participating in monthly closings and the closing of annual accounts.
- Performing reconciliations of subledger and GL positions.
- Performing GL account specifications.
- Performing bank reconciliations.
- Performing other ad-hoc requests (e.g. responsible for deliverables relating to an internal project).
Who you are:
- 2 or 3 year degree (BTS / DUT / DCG) in Accounting
- Strong knowledge in French accounting rules
- 3-5 years’ experience working in Accounting
- Native French & due to international environment, excellent knowledge and use of English (written and spoken)
- Experience in Big 4 Financial and Accounting Services is a strong plus.
- Experience in VAT treatments is a plus
- Experience working in Microsoft Dynamics NAV is a plus
- Skilled stakeholder manager, working well under pressure
- Self-starter mentality, good at working independently
- Decisive, can prioritize and effectively manages time
- Proactive and illustrates a focus on continuous process improvement
- High attention to detail and ability to adapt to change/flexibility
- Hardworking, diligently ensures task completion.
What we offer:
- An in-house position in a fast-growing organization
- Being part of an ambitious international team of dynamic young professionals
- Innovative environment where personal and professional development is key
- Competitive remuneration, corporate pension and bonus schemes
- Business- and communication-related trainings
- Exciting quarterly target incentives
- In-house Life Coach.