We help organizations hit their climate targets, no matter how ambitious. Since our founding in 2009, we have become a reliable partner for high-impact climate projects that generate carbon credits, energy efficiency projects and certificates, experts in renewable electricity and gas markets, renewable fuels, and emission allowances. Our Amsterdam, New York, Paris, Shanghai, and Singapore teams deliver tailor-made solutions backed up by extensive market knowledge. Since the beginning of the energy transition, we have been early adopters, constantly finding new products and participating in new markets. This has given us the knowledge to serve our clients better. In shaping environmental markets, ACT enables its partners to pursue sustainable futures.
What you will do:
We are looking for a talented Financial Controller who thrives in an international, dynamic environment. You will be part of the Finance team of ACT Commodities Group B.V., within the Shared Service Centre (SSC). ACT is a Sales & Consultative Trading company with an international product and client portfolio, which makes it a very diverse & international environment and reflects in the job as well. You will report to the Financial Director (SSC), servicing several business centers across our business entities, and have active communication lines with internal stakeholders. To do that successfully, you need to be assertive and decisive, have a service-minded attitude and an energetic personality.
As the Financial Controller you will have accounting & reporting responsibilities for your respective business entities; ranging from the month-end close, preparation and processing of memo postings, control of the Balance Sheet (checks, accruals, provisions, reconciliations) and P&L, to the preparation of the financial reporting packs.
As the Financial Controller we expect you to get involved in projects and actively contribute in implementing and improving of reporting, accounting and financial controls (i.e. R2R and P2P processes, Accounting Guidelines, Internal Control processes, Audit process).
- Ensure and monitor proper accounting concepts within end-to-end processes;
- Analyze and review of the Balance Sheet and P&L;
- Control balance sheet (checks, accruals, provisions, reconciliation).
- Ensure month- and year-end closing according to applicable deadlines;
- Ensure reliable, timely and complete financial accounts for designated legal entities in accordance with applicable accounting principles;
- Prepare compliance towards legal entity requirements;
- Prepare compliance towards applicable statutory regulations;
- Prepare reporting packs.
- Co-develop policies and procedures within financial control;
- Perform financial control processes and assist in improvements;
- Contribute to an efficient and effective audit process.
- University degree in Accounting or related studies;
- Experience with financial control and accounting;
- At least 4 years’ experience, within a Big 4 Audit firm is a plus;
- Excellent communication skills in English (Dutch is a plus);
- Knowledge of and experience with IFRS;
- Experience with an ERP implementation and/or process improvement projects would be a very strong plus;
- Proven ability of working with different stakeholders.
What we offer:
- An in-house position in a fast growing organization;
- Being part of an ambitious international team of dynamic young professionals;
- Innovative environment where personal and professional development is key;
- Competitive remuneration, corporate pension and bonus schemes;
- Business- and communication-related trainings;
- Relocation budget and NS Business Card (when applicable);
- Exciting quarterly target incentives;
- In-house Life Coach.