The Fuels Regulatory Compliance will partner with the renewable fuels trading desk in markets regulated by agencies such as the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), the California Air Resources Board (CARB), and the Oregon Clean Fuels Program (OCFP). The role will have ownership over RIN, LCFS, and OCFP generation, verification, audits, and reporting.
- Lead RIN generation for Renewable Natural Gas (RNG), which includes but is not limited to reviewing injection statements, gas chromatographs, dispensing statements, and utility bills.
- Manage relationships with consultants handing the Quality Assurance Plan (QAP) verification process and RIN attestations
- Lead LCFS/OCFP generation practices for biodiesel and RNG (CNG and LNG)
- Create LCFS/OCFP Compliance Monitoring Plans for RNG pathways and Quarterly Transactions and cooperate with third-party consultants during pathway validation
- Manage all monthly/quarterly/annual reporting related to transactions, fuel pathways, and attestations for relevant internal stakeholders, auditors, and regulatory boards
- Adhere to California Alternative Diesel Fuel Regulation and organize state motor fuel licensing methodologies
- Communicate scientific, technical, or regulatory information both verbally and written to relevant internal and external stakeholders in a clear and concise manner
- Recommend and complete proper application of standards and regulations on projects, policies, strategies, or codes of practice as needed
- Lead compliance assessments for new products throughout the environmental commodities marketplace
- Preferred awareness and familiarity with CA GREET, GHGenius, ISCC modeling is an added bonus. As well as experience with reporting responsibilities for physical fuels trading in Canada.
Who you are:
- Bachelor’s degree
- Expert on the relevant regulation
- 3+ years of experience related to RIN, LCFS, OCFP generation, verification, compliance, auditing or reporting
- Independent, detail-orientated, strong organizational and communication skills
ACT Commodities, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All employment decisions at ACT Commodities, Inc. are made without regard to race, color, ethnicity, national origin, age, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, family or parental status, status with regard to public assistance, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.