Who We Are
Tesseract’s mission is to democratize healthcare delivery to everyone on a global scale. We are reinventing medical devices to leverage the health information in the human eye and championing a new era of healthcare by creating portable, affordable, easy to use, connected devices for early disease detection and monitoring. Tesseract is well-funded and recently raised a series B round of $80M.
We are part of 4Catalyzer - a rapidly growing health-tech incubator founded by Dr. Jonathan Rothberg, an award-winning scientist and highly successful serial entrepreneur. Our 4Catalyzer sister companies include Butterfly Network, the first whole-body Ultrasound-on-ChipTM, and Hyperfine, the first FDA-cleared portable MRI. We are fostering a culture of technical excellence and positive teamwork to solve real-world problems that help improve healthcare for billions of people around the world.
Joining Tesseract is the opportunity to redesign the future of healthcare through the power of technology. Join us on this journey to maximize global impact, motivated by the idea that our products will change lives, including the ones of people you love.
What We Live By
- Patients First: We are driven to make products that will improve people’s lives.
- Data-Driven: We search for the best solutions: objective, backed by data, and optimized for speed, simplicity and scale.
- Team-Oriented: We collaborate with and support each other every step of the way.
What You Will Be Doing
Tesseract is looking for an experienced Recruiter to join the People Operations Team. This Recruiter will have a tremendous impact on the future of Tesseract, as well as the opportunity to work with the brightest minds inside and outside of the company. From managing the day-to-day sourcing and phone screening of new candidates, to collaborating closely with the leadership team and hiring partners, this role will be key to driving expansion and growth of Tesseract. This role reports into our Head of People and will partner with a range of functions across the business to deliver a best in class candidate experience alongside organizational results.
As part of our team, your core responsibilities will be:
- Full-cycle recruitment focused on building out our teams with a heavy focus on technical roles
- Outline and execute on a creative approach to long-term candidate engagement
- Embed in recruiting partner teams, building meaningful and trusted relationships to understand hiring needs and advise when necessary
- Brainstorm with leadership to craft sourcing strategies which engage a diverse talent pool
- Implement and track metrics of the recruiting process
- Partner with People Ops team to implement foundational processes
What We Are Looking For
- 7+ years of hands-on experience recruiting and sourcing technical roles in hyper growth tech companies
- Proven track record building continuous pipelines of candidates
- Inquisitive thinker who thrives by staying on top of latest tech news for opportunities to attract top talent
- Experience building out people operations processes
- High level of interpersonal skills and strong ability to engage both active and passive candidates
- Relentless approach to passive sourcing when attracting target candidates
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Meticulous attention to detail and organizational skills
- Must be able to multi-task and manage a robust/full pipeline with efficiency and constant attention
- Considerable skill in screening, interviewing techniques, and negotiation
- Knowledge of an Applicant Tracking System (Greenhouse is a plus)
Nice to have (but not required):
- Experience recruiting for Software roles
- Experience recruiting for Ophthalmic Medical Device or Machine Learning roles
What We Offer
- Fully covered medical insurance plan, and dental & vision coverage (as a health-tech company, we place great worth on our team’s well-being)
- Competitive salaried compensation (you should feel appropriately valued and excited to join us)
- Equity (employees are important and should have a stake in our success)
- Pre-tax commuter benefits (let’s make your commute costs more reasonable)
- Free onsite meals + kitchen stocked with snacks at our Guilford, CT campus (sponsored brain fuel)
- While we would love to see you face to face everyday, we are flexible and open to people being remote. We will always have opportunities to meet your coworkers off the screen at one of our many team outings. (no pressure though)
- 401k plan (everyone should be encouraged to save for their retirement adventures)
- The opportunity to build a revolutionary healthcare product and save millions of lives!
Tesseract does not accept agency resumes.
Tesseract is an E-Verify and equal opportunity employer regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability or Veteran status. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.