Who We Are
Tesseract’s mission is to democratize healthcare delivery to everyone on a global scale. We are reinventing medical devices to leverage the health information in the human eye and championing a new era of healthcare by creating portable, affordable, easy to use, connected devices for early disease detection and monitoring. Tesseract is well-funded and recently raised a series B round of $80M.
We are part of 4Catalyzer - a rapidly growing health-tech incubator founded by Dr. Jonathan Rothberg, an award-winning scientist and highly successful serial entrepreneur. Our 4Catalyzer sister companies include Butterfly Network, the first whole-body Ultrasound-on-ChipTM, and Hyperfine, the first FDA-cleared portable MRI. We are fostering a culture of technical excellence and positive teamwork to solve real-world problems that help improve healthcare for billions of people around the world.
Joining Tesseract is the opportunity to redesign the future of healthcare through the power of technology. Join us on this journey to maximize global impact, motivated by the idea that our products will change lives, including the ones of people you love.
What We Live By
- Patients First: We are driven to make products that will improve people’s lives.
- Data-Driven: We search for the best solutions: objective, backed by data, and optimized for speed, simplicity and scale.
- Team-Oriented: We collaborate with and support each other every step of the way.
What You Will Be Doing
Tesseract Health is seeking an Electrical Engineer responsible for design, development, and integration of electronic printed circuit boards into their products.
As part of our team, your core responsibilities will be to:
- Work within multidisciplinary engineering teams to define requirements supporting product development and system design
- Design, development, integration, and troubleshooting of cost optimized electronic circuit boards
- Develop, execute, and document tests to ensure compliance to product performance
- Provide technical support for released products and assemblies
- Create supporting technical documentation including hardware design plans, design requirements, functional specifications, qualification test plans and reports, and documentation needed to support third party certification
- Lead DFM and DVT analyses for electrical/electronic hardware designs
What We Are Looking For
Baseline Skills, Experience, & Attributes
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering and 7 years of relevant experience.
- Relevant electrical engineering experience designing highly robust electronic digital and analog to digital interface circuits.
- Hands on lab experience with electronic circuits and test equipment to support test, integration, and troubleshooting. Rework of surface-mount circuit board assemblies is a plus.
- Experience with component and circuit simulations to support development and analysis.
- Experience leading or contributing to DFM and DVT analyses.
- Understanding of electronic component quality requirements, reliability prediction, failure analysis and validation.
- Experience with serial communication protocols.
- Working experience with Cadence, Altium, or other Schematic and PCB layout tools
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work with individuals and/or teams at all levels and disciplines.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Strong organizational skills and demonstrated ability to multitask and prioritize work.
What We Offer
- Fully covered medical insurance plan, and dental & vision coverage (as a health-tech company, we place great worth on our team’s well-being)
- Competitive salaried compensation (you should feel appropriately valued and excited to join us)
- Equity (employees are important and should have a stake in our success)
- Pre-tax commuter benefits (let’s make your commute costs more reasonable)
- Free onsite meals + kitchen stocked with snacks at our Guilford, CT campus (sponsored brain fuel)
- While we would love to see you face to face everyday, we are flexible and open to people being remote. We will always have opportunities to meet your coworkers off the screen at one of our many team outings. (no pressure though)
- 401k plan (everyone should be encouraged to save for their retirement adventures)
- The opportunity to build a revolutionary healthcare product and save millions of lives!
For this role, we provide visa assistance for qualified candidates.
Tesseract does not accept agency resumes.
Tesseract is an E-Verify and equal opportunity employer regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability or Veteran status. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.