Terray Therapeutics is a venture-backed biotechnology company led by pioneers and long-time leaders in artificial intelligence, synthetic chemistry, automation, and nanotechnology. We’re generating chemical data purpose-built to propel drug discovery into the information age — and we’re doing it on a larger scale and faster than has ever before been possible.
Our closed loop system generates precise chemical datasets at unrivaled scale that work seamlessly with AI to systematically map biochemical interactions between small molecules and causes of disease. Iterative cycles of virtual molecular design and experimentation power AI and machine learning models, which in turn guide the next cycle of design. With a chemistry engine that measures billions of interactions daily and becomes increasingly precise with every cycle, we can answer an unprecedented array of questions — deriving insights that enable us to predictably create drugs for patients in need.
Terray is seeking a research associate organic chemist to be a key part of our chemistry team. The associate scientist will be primarily responsible for development and optimization of high throughput synthesis on our automated systems. In addition, the candidate will be involved in our solid-phase resynthesis process and all relevant chemistry workflows as needed. The candidate will work closely with the rest of the chemistry team and head of chemistry. Candidate will report to the lead for resynthesis chemistry.
Experience and Qualifications
Given the company’s size, anticipated growth and fast-paced environment, the organization requires a scientist who is thoughtful, high energy and can work effectively with the chemistry team to further enhance our next generation drug discovery capabilities.
Part of Terray Therapeutics’ success is nurtured by a hands-on work environment where everyone is accountable, everyone is vested in a vision of excellence, and everyone actively takes part in the success of the business. Terray Therapeutics supports a positive work environment comprised of engaged employees who feel appreciated, recognized and free to be creative.
- Master’s degree in organic chemistry or related field OR Bachelor’s degree in organic chemistry or related field and 2 years of related scientific experience
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Strong written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- Desire to be a team player in a cross-functional environment.She/He will exhibit the ability to work well under pressure to provide results in a short timeframe. The company is looking for a highly responsive, goal-oriented individual who will bring significant energy and drive to solve complex technical problems and help us achieve our mission to advance human health.
- Experience in synthetic methodology development
They will exhibit the ability to work well under pressure to provide results in a short timeframe. The company is looking for a highly responsive, goal-oriented individual who will bring significant energy and drive to solve complex technical problems and help us achieve our mission to advance human health.
$62,500-$80,000 (annually) depending on seniority; participation in the Company's option plan; 3% 401K contribution; full benefits.