Terray Therapeutics is a venture-backed biotechnology company led by pioneers and long-time leaders in artificial intelligence, synthetic chemistry, automation, and nanotechnology. We’re generating chemical data purpose-built to propel drug discovery into the information age — and we’re doing it on a larger scale and faster than has ever before been possible.
Our closed loop system generates precise chemical datasets at unrivaled scale that work seamlessly with AI to systematically map biochemical interactions between small molecules and causes of disease. Iterative cycles of virtual molecular design and experimentation power AI and machine learning models, which in turn guide the next cycle of design. With a chemistry engine that measures billions of interactions daily and becomes increasingly precise with every cycle, we can answer an unprecedented array of questions — deriving insights that enable us to predictably create drugs for patients in need.
Terray is currently seeking a motivated and creative scientist to join our molecular design group. As an integral member of the Computational and Data Sciences (CDS) team, the candidate will contribute to hit-to-lead and lead optimization efforts across multiple programs, leveraging our vast chemical datasets and proprietary wet-lab + computational platforms to power state-of-the-art small molecule design. In this interdisciplinary role, the candidate will work closely with the chemistry and biology functions at Terray, as well as the machine learning, computational chemistry, and cheminformatics teams within CDS.
The core responsibilities of this position are:
- Design focused libraries to drive small molecule programs in hit-to-lead and lead optimization
- Partner with medicinal chemists to design compounds for on- and off-platform synthesis
- Develop models to predict affinity and other properties of interest in collaboration with other CDS team members, and apply them prospectively for virtual screening and de novo design
- Apply insights from data generated on our proprietary screening platform to guide molecular design
- Communicate molecular design strategy and outcomes to teams across the company
Experience and Qualifications
Part of Terray’s success is nurtured by a hands-on work environment where everyone is accountable, vested in a vision of excellence, and actively taking part in the success of the business. Terray supports a positive work environment where employees can feel engaged, recognized and empowered to be creative.
- BS/MS/Ph.D in medicinal, organic, or computational chemistry, or a related field
- Experience applying ligand-based and structure-based methods to design small molecules
- Understanding of medicinal chemistry concepts including ADME/safety issues and physicochemical properties
- Experience with one molecular simulation suite (Schrodinger, MOE, etc.)
- Experience with data analysis and visualization using one of the following: Spotfire, Vortex, DataWarrior
- Experience with Python and/or SQL is a plus
$100,000-$150,000 (annually) depending on seniority; participation in the Company's option plan; 3% 401K contribution; full benefits