Terray Therapeutics is a venture-backed biotechnology company led by pioneers and long-time leaders in artificial intelligence, synthetic chemistry, automation, and nanotechnology. We’re generating chemical data purpose-built to propel drug discovery into the information age — and we’re doing it on a larger scale and faster than has ever before been possible.
Our closed loop system generates precise chemical datasets at unrivaled scale that work seamlessly with AI to systematically map biochemical interactions between small molecules and causes of disease. Iterative cycles of virtual molecular design and experimentation power AI and machine learning models, which in turn guide the next cycle of design. With a chemistry engine that measures billions of interactions daily and becomes increasingly precise with every cycle, we can answer an unprecedented array of questions — deriving insights that enable us to predictably create drugs for patients in need.
Terray is currently seeking an Associate Scientist for the Library Team. This work is one of the key drivers of Terray’s unique discovery process. In this role, you will use semi- and fully automated handling techniques to rapidly execute many chemical reactions on solid support in parallel. You will be instrumental in executing current best practices to rapidly build these libraries. The candidate will work closely with the rest of the production team and participate in other production workflows as needed.
Experience and Qualifications
Part of Terray Therapeutics’ success is nurtured by a hands-on work environment where everyone is accountable, everyone is vested in a vision of excellence, and everyone actively takes part in the success of the business. Terray Therapeutics supports a positive work environment comprised of engaged employees who feel appreciated, recognized and free to be creative.
- Bachelor's Degree in chemistry, biology or related fields
- Hands-on experience working independently in a laboratory environment
- Enthusiasm for taking on new projects and continuing to learn
- Great attitude and desire to learn and help a growing company
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Desire to be a team player in a cross-functional environment
- Experience with solid phase chemistry, click chemistry, glovebox chemistry and/or microscopy is preferred but not required
- She/he will exhibit the ability to work well under pressure to provide results in a short timeframe
The company is looking for a highly responsive, goal-oriented individual who will bring significant energy and drive to solve complex technical problems and help us achieve our mission to advance human health. As a small company our success depends upon the ability of our employees to adapt to changing project requirements and to anticipate needs. If you are someone who enjoys working in a close-knit team environment and having the opportunity to innovate and grow a company, Terray may well be the place for you!
$62,500-$80,000 (annually) depending on seniority; participation in the Company's option plan; 3% 401K contribution; full benefits