Terray Therapeutics is a venture-backed biotechnology company led by pioneers and long-time leaders in artificial intelligence, synthetic chemistry, automation, and nanotechnology. We’re generating chemical data purpose-built to propel drug discovery into the information age — and we’re doing it on a larger scale and faster than has ever before been possible.
Our closed loop system generates precise chemical datasets at unrivaled scale that work seamlessly with AI to systematically map biochemical interactions between small molecules and causes of disease. Iterative cycles of virtual molecular design and experimentation power AI and machine learning models, which in turn guide the next cycle of design. With a chemistry engine that measures billions of interactions daily and becomes increasingly precise with every cycle, we can answer an unprecedented array of questions — deriving insights that enable us to predictably create drugs for patients in need.
Terray Therapeutics is seeking a motivated, creative, and experienced cell biologist to join our biology team. The candidate will work with other scientists in the team to run a wide- range of cell-based assays to evaluate hits from our screens and drive lead optimization.
The core responsibilities of this job will be:
- Culture cell lines and expand primary cells to support cell assay team workflows
- Working closely with our assay scientists, run 96-well format cell-based assays specific to therapeutic targets of interest
- Use liquid handling robots to maximize efficiency for medium to high-throughput screening of small molecule hits from our affinity screens
- Record experiments in electronic notebook, analyze data and communicate results
- Support organization of lab and equipment as needed
Experience and Qualifications
Given the company’s size, anticipated growth and fast-paced environment, the organization requires a scientist who is thoughtful, high energy and can work effectively with the biology team to further enhance our next generation drug discovery capabilities.
Part of Terray Therapeutics’ success is nurtured by a hands-on work environment where everyone is accountable, everyone is vested in a vision of excellence, and everyone actively takes part in the success of the business. Terray Therapeutics supports a positive work environment comprising engaged employees who feel appreciated, recognized and free to be creative.
- BSc with 3+ years of research experience in the field of immunology, oncology or related field
- Background in drug discovery desired
- Extensive hands-on experience with cell culture
- Extensive hands-on experience with 96-well plate-based cell assays required, such as reporter assays, gene expression, qPCR and ELISAs
- Proficiency in primary cell isolation, differentiation, culture and flow cytometry desired
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal and communication skills and can thrive in a highly collaborative research environment
- Demonstrated technical proficiency, ability to troubleshoot to solve problems and to deliver high quality data
She/He will exhibit the ability to work well under pressure to provide results in a short timeframe. The company is looking for a highly responsive, goal-oriented individual who will bring significant energy and drive to solve complex technical problems and help us achieve our mission to advance human health.
Compensation for this role is commensurate with experience between $62,500-$100,000 (annually); participation in the Company's option plan; 3% 401K contribution; full benefits.