Company Overview: Terray Therapeutics is a venture-backed biotechnology company led by pioneers and long-time leaders in artificial intelligence, synthetic chemistry, automation, and nanotechnology. We’re generating chemical data purpose-built to propel drug discovery into the information age — and we’re doing it on a larger scale and faster than has ever before been possible.
Our closed loop system generates precise chemical datasets at unrivaled scale that work seamlessly with AI to systematically map biochemical interactions between small molecules and causes of disease. Iterative cycles of virtual molecular design and experimentation power AI and machine learning models, which in turn guide the next cycle of design. With a chemistry engine that measures billions of interactions daily and becomes increasingly precise with every cycle, we can answer an unprecedented array of questions — deriving insights that enable us to predictably create drugs for patients in need.
Position Summary: Terray is currently seeking a motivated and creative system administrator to manage our growing on-premises information technology systems. As a key member of our Computational and Data Sciences team, the candidate will build out and maintain the computer and networking infrastructure that allow us to collect and process chemical data at scale.
The core responsibilities of this position are:
- Manage computer equipment and file servers connected to scientific instruments
- Monitor and build out on-premises networking and directory services (DCHP, DNS, employee access VPN, site-to-site VPN, AD)
- Secure critical systems from unauthorized access and keep computing infrastructure up-to-date
- Maintain file server backup systems and ensure redundancy/failover of networking equipment
- Maintenance of on-premises High Performance Computing (HPC) infrastructure in close collaboration with computational chemistry and machine learning teams
- Procurement, inventory, and maintenance of company-owned computer hardware
- Manage account on/offboarding access for new and leaving employees
Experience and Qualifications: Part of Terray’s success is nurtured by a hands-on work environment where everyone is accountable, vested in a vision of excellence, and actively taking part in the success of the business. Terray supports a positive work environment where employees can feel engaged, recognized and empowered to be creative.
- BA/BS in Computer Science, Information Technology, Computer Engineering, or related field
- Highly proficient in both Unix-based and Windows operating systems
- Highly proficient in computer networking and security
- Experience with maintaining and upgrading computer hardware including rack-mounted server hardware
- Experience with high-performance computing infrastructure and maintenance (SLURM, SGE, etc)