Terray Therapeutics is a venture-backed biotechnology company led by pioneers and long-time leaders in artificial intelligence, biology, medicinal chemistry, automation, and nanotechnology. We’re generating chemical data purpose-built to propel drug discovery into the information age — and we’re doing it on a larger scale and faster than has ever before been possible.
Our closed loop system generates precise chemical datasets at unrivaled scale that work seamlessly with AI to systematically map biochemical interactions between small molecules and causes of disease. Iterative cycles of virtual molecular design and experimentation power AI and machine learning models, which in turn guide the next cycle of design. With a chemistry engine that measures billions of interactions daily and becomes increasingly precise with every cycle, we can answer an unprecedented array of questions — deriving insights that enable us to predictably create drugs for patients in need.
Terray is currently seeking a Head of People. The Head of People will lead every aspect of the people function, including HR operations, talent acquisition, onboarding, employee development & engagement, performance management, and diversity, equity & inclusion. The Head of People will bring a high energy, dynamic and pragmatic approach to ensuring that Terray continues to be a tremendous place to work as we rapidly scale our team. We are seeking a highly strategic leader who will have the opportunity to establish and maintain the importance of the people function, partnering closely with business leaders to align the people practices to our overall business strategy. The individual will navigate between strategic and operational responsibilities and should be comfortable operating in an entrepreneurial self-directed environment. We are seeking a leader who is excited to bring a collaborative and supportive approach to the people function that enhances the employee experience at Terray and ensures that our extraordinary culture continues to thrive as we scale. With a focus on simplicity, the individual will play a critical role in helping the company build the right phase appropriate infrastructure, tools, and processes. A culture carrier, the leader will promote an open and inclusive culture based on accountability and ownership. The individual will bring passion and energy to the organization with a people-focused mindset.
Experience and Qualifications
Part of Terray’s success is nurtured by a hands-on work environment where everyone is accountable, vested in a vision of excellence, and actively taking part in the success of the business. Terray supports a positive work environment where employees can feel engaged, recognized and empowered to be creative.
- People Operations Leadership Experience: A well-rounded leader with experience in the People Operation function of a growth stage company (biotech experience preferred but not necessary). We are 60 employees today and growing rapidly (2.5x growth in last 12 months and plans to grow meaningfully over the next 12 months). Accordingly, we are seeking someone who has had an analogous professional experience with a rapidly growing venture backed business. The ideal candidate will have seen the People Operations function from Series A through IPO
- Management experience and inspiring leadership skills to manage growth, foster an inclusive culture, accelerate results, and keep employees motivated and engaged
- Credentials building robust HR operations infrastructure as well as designing and implementing HR systems, procedures, and strategies to meet defined objectives
- Experience building relationships and managing internal and external recruiters
- Self-directed, entrepreneurial orientation. Can successfully work as an individual contributor and as a leader
- Collaborative style. Fosters team-first mentality and shares wins and successes. Creates an open and transparent environment in which individuals can team together to drive optimal outcomes
- A willingness to be creative and design and implement policies and procedures that best position the Company for future success
- A culture carrier who ensures our current world-class culture continues to thrive as we grow
She/he will exhibit the ability to work well under pressure to provide results in a short timeframe. The company is looking for a highly responsive, goal-oriented individual who will bring significant energy and drive to solve complex technical problems and help us achieve our mission to advance human health.
$200,000-$350,000 (annually) depending on seniority; participation in the Company's option plan; 3% 401K contribution; full benefits