Company Overview: Terray Therapeutics is a venture-backed biotechnology company led by pioneers and long-time leaders in artificial intelligence, biology, medicinal chemistry, automation, and nanotechnology. We’re generating chemical data purpose-built to propel drug discovery into the information age — and we’re doing it on a larger scale and faster than has ever before been possible.
Our closed loop system generates precise chemical datasets at unrivaled scale that work seamlessly with AI to systematically map biochemical interactions between small molecules and causes of disease. Iterative cycles of virtual molecular design and experimentation power AI and machine learning models, which in turn guide the next cycle of design. With a chemistry engine that measures billions of interactions daily and becomes increasingly precise with every cycle, we can answer an unprecedented array of questions — deriving insights that enable us to predictably create drugs for patients in need.
Position Summary: Terray is currently seeking a Corporate Controller who will guide accounting, reporting and controls at Terray and report to the Chief Financial and Operating Officer. The Corporate Controller will be responsible for:
- Managing the company’s corporate finance functions including corporate accounting, technical accounting, reporting, and other strategic financial matters
- The Company’s accounting practices, maintenance of financial records and the timely and accurate preparation of monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements and related analyses and reports
- Overall supervisory responsibility for general accounting, cost accounting, budgetary controls
- Managing the Company’s audit, tax and tax-credit filings
- Coordinates and directs the preparation of the monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements, institutes and maintains other planning and control procedures
- Evaluating operating results in terms of costs, budgets, policies, and trends and working with the Company’s suppliers to drive procurement efficiency
- Ensure material and significant transactions are evaluated based on US GAAP and SEC rules for the appropriate accounting treatments, prepare white papers to support and implement appropriate accounting policies to support treatment
- Evaluate new accounting rules and develop implementation plans for adopting new applicable changes
- Ensures that accounting policies comply with generally accepted accounting principles (“GAAP”), tax requirements, and other management reporting requirements
- Ensure processes and controls are documented and designed to meet the needs of a growing business
- Oversee accounts receivable, accounts payable and capital expense functions
- Provide technical accounting guidance to the team and ensure compliance to latest pronouncements
- Provides leadership and direction on other key finance/accounting projects and ad hoc needs as requested by organizational leadership
Experience and Qualifications: Part of Terray’s success is nurtured by a hands-on work environment where everyone is accountable, vested in a vision of excellence, and actively taking part in the success of the business. Terray supports a positive work environment where employees can feel engaged, recognized and empowered to be creative.
- Certified Public Accountant with 5+ years in a big 4 Accounting firm with increasing responsibilities
- 10+ years of progressive experience with accounting leadership including 3 years in a controller (or similar) position in a company of comparable size and complexity; or a combination of education and experience that would enable performance of the full scope of the position
- Ability to demonstrate technical knowledge and understanding of U.S. GAAP and Sarbanes-Oxley requirements and controls
- Ability to comprehend, analyze and interpret financial statements and reports
- Advanced competency in financial management and accounting software
- Knowledge of accounting standards and industry regulations
- Strong attention to detail and dedication to accurate and high-quality work
- Ability to problem solve and multi-task in a fast-paced, start-up environment
- Experience establishing, implementing, and adhering to process improvement initiatives within a high growth environment
- Superb organizational and time management abilities
- Excellent leadership, communication, and collaboration skills
- Public company biotech experience preferred but not required
She/he will exhibit the ability to work well under pressure to provide results in a short timeframe. The company is looking for a highly responsive, goal-oriented individual who will bring significant energy and drive to help us achieve our mission to advance human health.