Company Overview: Terray Therapeutics is a venture-backed biotechnology company led by pioneers and long-time leaders in artificial intelligence, synthetic chemistry, automation, and nanotechnology. We’re generating chemical data purpose-built to propel drug discovery into the information age — and we’re doing it on a larger scale and faster than has ever before been possible.
Our closed loop system generates precise chemical datasets at unrivaled scale that work seamlessly with AI to systematically map biochemical interactions between small molecules and causes of disease. Iterative cycles of virtual molecular design and experimentation power AI and machine learning models, which in turn guide the next cycle of design. With a chemistry engine that measures billions of interactions daily and becomes increasingly precise with every cycle, we can answer an unprecedented array of questions — deriving insights that enable us to predictably create drugs for patients in need.
The foundation of everything we do is our library production team. They rapidly synthesize encoded combinatorial libraries on nanoscale beads to provide millions of unique compounds with the highest purity and greatest diversity in the industry. These libraries are then screened against targets of interest to provide Terray’s unique precision data at scale. The computational and data sciences team uses this data to power machine learning and other models that then lead to the design of new and improved libraries. This forms the closed loop process – with library production as a core competency.
Position Summary: Terray is currently seeking a Library Team Lead who will be accountable for the personnel, process, equipment and materials required to produce Terray’s extensive, high purity, and high diversity compound libraries. The role includes but is not limited to:
- Management of the library production team: collaboratively defining and monitoring performance expectations and communicating priorities to team members,
- Collaborating with stakeholders to define the production schedules and then implementing and overseeing execution of those schedules
- Monitoring production process key performance indicators to identify issues and facilitate resolution
- Partnering with other operations and R&D functions to ensure the library production team has the training, materials and equipment available to them to meet demand
- Collaborating with R&D functions to transfer new processes and equipment into production rapidly and with a focus on maintaining quality and excellence through the technology transfer process
- Collaborating with internal partners to identify areas for improvement and developing and implementing these in conjunction with the broader production group
- Ensuring compliance with Quality and safety standards within Library production
Experience and Qualifications: Given the company’s size, anticipated growth and fast-paced environment, the organization requires a candidate who has a track record of being thoughtful, high energy and can work effectively across the interface of production and R&D to further enhance Terray’s next generation drug discovery capabilities.
Part of Terray Therapeutics’ success is nurtured by a hands-on work environment where everyone is accountable, everyone is vested in a vision of excellence, and everyone actively takes part in the success of the business. Terray Therapeutics supports a positive work environment comprised of engaged employees who feel appreciated, recognized and free to be creative.
- Master’s degree in Biology, Chemistry, or related disciplines; or Bachelor’s degree in Biology, Chemistry, or related disciplines with at least 5 years' relevant industrial experience
- At least 3 years’ experience managing a team in a production environment
- Proven ability to develop and execute to time bound schedules
- Experience with large datasets
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Desire to be a team player in a cross-functional environment
- Experience with solid phase synthesis
- Experience with DEL synthesis
- Experience with fluorescence microscopy
- Experience with liquid handing automation
She/he will exhibit the ability to work well under pressure to provide results in a short timeframe. The company is looking for a highly responsive, goal-oriented individual who will bring significant energy and drive to the consistent and reliable execution of Terray’s Library Production to help us achieve our mission to advance human health.