Company Overview: Terray Therapeutics is a venture-backed biotechnology company led by pioneers and long-time leaders in artificial intelligence, synthetic chemistry, automation, and nanotechnology. We’re generating chemical data purpose-built to propel drug discovery into the information age — and we’re doing it on a larger scale and faster than has ever before been possible.
Our closed loop system generates precise chemical datasets at unrivaled scale that work seamlessly with AI to systematically map biochemical interactions between small molecules and causes of disease. Iterative cycles of virtual molecular design and experimentation power AI and machine learning models, which in turn guide the next cycle of design. With a chemistry engine that measures billions of interactions daily and becomes increasingly precise with every cycle, we can answer an unprecedented array of questions — deriving insights that enable us to predictably create drugs for patients in need.
Position Summary: Terray is currently seeking a motivated and creative associate data scientist. As an integral member of our Computational and Data Sciences (CDS) team, the candidate will be responsible for analyzing and visualizing data from our wet-lab and computational discovery platforms.
The core responsibilities of this position are:
- Work with wet-lab scientists to answer key questions using data from our wet-lab and computational discovery platforms
- Work with software engineers and other data scientists to incorporate these analyses and visualizations into software tools
- Develop tools for analyzing binding data from our proprietary molecule discovery platform and leverage them to identify hits and produce additional insights for downstream
- Work with biology to better understand relationships between biochemical activity and tArray binding affinities
- Work with medicinal chemistry to select hits for resynthesis and follow-up
Experience and Qualifications: Part of Terray’s success is nurtured by a hands-on work environment where everyone is accountable, vested in a vision of excellence, and actively taking part in the success of the business. Terray supports a positive work environment where employees can feel engaged, recognized and empowered to be creative.
- BS/MS in Statistics, Data Science, or related quantitative field
- Highly proficient in Python and the PyData stack (numpy, pandas, scipy, scikit-learn, etc.) and at least one plotting package
- Experience working with large, real-world, scientific data
- Proficiency in the Linux environment, experience with database languages, and experience with version control practices and tools
- Wet-lab experience and chemistry knowledge are a plus