Company Overview: Terray Therapeutics is a venture-backed biotechnology company led by pioneers and long-time leaders in artificial intelligence, synthetic chemistry, automation, and nanotechnology. We’re generating chemical data purpose-built to propel drug discovery into the information age — and we’re doing it on a larger scale and faster than has ever before been possible.
Our closed loop system generates precise chemical datasets at unrivaled scale that work seamlessly with AI to systematically map biochemical interactions between small molecules and causes of disease. Iterative cycles of virtual molecular design and experimentation power AI and machine learning models, which in turn guide the next cycle of design. With a chemistry engine that measures billions of interactions daily and becomes increasingly precise with every cycle, we can answer an unprecedented array of questions — deriving insights that enable us to predictably create drugs for patients in need.
Position Summary: Terray Therapeutics is seeking a motivated, creative, and experienced biologist to join our biology team. The candidate will work with one of the scientists in the team to help inventory and QC our protein stocks and test hits from our screens in a range of biochemical assays using these proteins.
The core responsibilities of this job will be
1. Working closely with our protein biochemist: inventory and aliquot protein stocks from CROs; check the quality of our proteins in activity assays and characterize purity and post-translational modification using different techniques; optimize buffer and additive conditions for protein screening by assessing thermal stability
2. Working closely with our assays scientist: run biochemical assays specific to the protein targets at scale using liquid handling robots to evaluate hits from tArray screens
3. Record experiments in electronic notebook, analyze data and communicate results
4. Support organization of lab and equipment as needed
Experience and Qualifications: Given the company’s size, anticipated growth and fast-paced environment, the organization requires a scientist who is thoughtful, high energy and can work effectively with the biology team to further enhance our next generation drug discovery capabilities.
Part of Terray Therapeutics’ success is nurtured by a hands-on work environment where everyone is accountable, everyone is vested in a vision of excellence, and everyone actively takes part in the success of the business. Terray Therapeutics supports a positive work environment comprised of engaged employees who feel appreciated, recognized and free to be creative.
· BSc with 3+ years of research experience in the field biochemistry, enzymology or related field
· Hands-on experience with biochemical assays (eg: enzymatic or FRET assays) required
· Hands-on experience with 384-well format assays and use of liquid handling robots (Agilent BRAVO, Tempest) a plus
· Background in protein expression, purification and characterization preferred
· Hands-on experience with cell culture and cell-based assays a plus
· Excellent organizational, interpersonal and communication skills and can thrive in a highly collaborative research environment
· Demonstrated technical proficiency, attention to detail, ability to troubleshoot to solve problems and to deliver high quality data
She/he will exhibit the ability to work well under pressure to provide results in a short timeframe. The company is looking for a highly responsive, goal-oriented individual who will bring significant energy and drive to solve complex technical problems and help us achieve our mission to advance human health.
Compensation: The research associate will receive a compensation package, including base salary and equity that is competitive and commensurate with experience.