Company Overview: Terray Therapeutics is a venture-backed biotechnology company led by pioneers and long-time leaders in artificial intelligence, synthetic chemistry, automation, and nanotechnology. We’re generating chemical data purpose-built to propel drug discovery into the information age — and we’re doing it on a larger scale and faster than has ever before been possible.
Our closed loop system generates precise chemical datasets at unrivaled scale that work seamlessly with AI to systematically map biochemical interactions between small molecules and causes of disease. Iterative cycles of virtual molecular design and experimentation power AI and machine learning models, which in turn guide the next cycle of design. With a chemistry engine that measures billions of interactions daily and becomes increasingly precise with every cycle, we can answer an unprecedented array of questions — deriving insights that enable us to predictably create drugs for patients in need.
Position Summary: Terray is currently seeking a motivated, creative, and experienced research informatics scientist. As an integral member of our Computational and Data Sciences (CDS) team, the candidate will be responsible for developing and maintaining our end-to-end informatics system that integrates the wet-lab with the computational platform.
The core responsibilities of this position are:
- Manage, improve, and customize our research informatics platform (Dotmatics)
- Develop the software and data interface between our wet-lab and computational/informatics platform
- Collaborate with wet-lab scientists to develop a nomenclature/schema for data generated in the lab (inventory items, experiments, hardware, etc.)
- Work with wet-lab scientists to implement inventory tracking solutions for small/large molecules, wet-lab hardware, etc.
Experience and Qualifications: Part of Terray’s success is nurtured by a hands-on work environment where everyone is accountable, vested in a vision of excellence, and actively taking part in the success of the business. Terray supports a positive work environment where employees can feel engaged, recognized and empowered to be creative.
- BS/MS/PhD in Computer Science, Applied Math, Computational Chemistry, or related quantitative field
- Highly proficient with database languages, especially MySQL and Oracle SQL
- Proficient in Python and the PyData stack (numpy, pandas, scipy, scikit-learn, etc.)
- Knowledge of general biotech wet-lab operations (direct or indirect) is a plus
- Familiar with AWS cloud resources
- Familiarity with Dotmatics is a plus