Company Overview: Terray Therapeutics is a venture-backed biotechnology company led by pioneers and long-time leaders in artificial intelligence, synthetic chemistry, automation, and nanotechnology. We’re generating chemical data purpose-built to propel drug discovery into the information age — and we’re doing it on a larger scale and faster than has ever before been possible.
Our closed loop system generates precise chemical datasets at unrivaled scale that work seamlessly with AI to systematically map biochemical interactions between small molecules and causes of disease. Iterative cycles of virtual molecular design and experimentation power AI and machine learning models, which in turn guide the next cycle of design. With a chemistry engine that measures billions of interactions daily and becomes increasingly precise with every cycle, we can answer an unprecedented array of questions — deriving insights that enable us to predictably create drugs for patients in need.
Position Summary: Terray is seeking a motivated, creative, and experienced Automation Software Engineer. As an integral member of our platform team, the candidate will be responsible for creating and maintaining the software systems that power our wet-lab automation. The position will report to the Director of Automation.
The core responsibilities of this job will be
- Programming applications for automating laboratory hardware (C#/.NET, Java, and Python).
- Interfacing with commercial software systems via APIs/SDKs.
- Creation of device drivers for system integration.
- Maintaining and extending currently implemented code for systems control, image and data acquisition.
Experience and Qualifications: Given the company’s size, anticipated growth and fast-paced environment, the organization requires an automation engineer who is thoughtful, high energy and can partner with the broader organization to further enhance our next generation drug discovery capabilities.
Part of Terray Therapeutics’ success is nurtured by a hands-on work environment where everyone is accountable, everyone is vested in a vision of excellence, and everyone actively takes part in the success of the business. Terray Therapeutics supports a positive work environment comprised of engaged employees who feel appreciated, recognized and free to be creative.
- Strong demonstrated expertise with C#/.Net, Java, and/or Python.
- Ability to create applications with state-of-the-art GUIs, thread management, and device level control.
- Previous experience with device integration through custom drivers, .dll, etc.
- Previous experience with application integration using APIs/SDKs.
She/he will exhibit the ability to work well under pressure to provide results in a short timeframe. The company is looking for a highly responsive, goal-oriented individual who will bring significant energy and drive to solve complex technical problems and help us achieve our mission to advance human health.