FULL-TIME PERMANENT POSITION
Terramera Software Development Team is looking for an enthusiastic, curious, and passionate Senior Front-end Software Engineer. Our company is growing rapidly, and we are looking for developers who can help us expand. The work you will be doing will play a crucial role in helping us measure and mobilize nature-based solutions for agriculture to turn back the clock on climate change on the global scale.
Your passion is delivering exceptional experiences and you are aware of the impact you can have on the business. Clean interfaces and great user experiences are important to you, and you strive to stay on top of fast-changing technology. In addition to having a basic understanding of backend programming, a great front-end developer is willing to learn more to help backend developers write APIs for their products.
- Develop new features for our apps, build well-tested modular interfaces, and create best-in-class user experiences
- Establish test plans, define acceptance criteria, and design automated test suites with the team
- Develop and deploy software via an automated CI/CD pipeline, helping refine the process
- Create front-end components based on our designers' work
- Review code and manage merge requests from other developers
- Participate in technical documentation
- Ensure the success of the systems you and your team develop. This includes monitoring, investigating issues, and supporting the service(s)
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in Engineering, Computer Science, or an equivalent combination of experience and knowledge
- 2+ years of experience with React, React Native (web and/or mobile) or Node.js
- 2+ years experience with Typescript in production web or mobile environment
- Understanding of Typescript testing with Jest
- Familiarity with GraphQL APIs
- Ability to write effective unit and integration tests
- Strong understanding of FlexBox and modern UI HTML/CSS constructs
- Expertise in front-end languages and libraries like HTML/CSS.
- Proficiency in database platforms (MySQL, MongoDB, NoSQL, etc.)
- Experience with Microservices
- Expertise working with and building RESTful APIs
- Strong understanding of Agile methodologies
- A familiarity with statistical analysis (for example, experiment design and hypothesis testing)
- Software portfolio available for review
- Experience planning, breaking down, and implementing product features with product, design, and other stakeholders.
- Help provision and maintain cloud infrastructure for your team’s applications
- Takes initiative, generating new and innovative approaches to problems
- Enjoys multi-tasking and cross-disciplinary work connecting engineering and science
- Linux experience (a nice to have)
- Experience in developing systems with high reliability and scalability
- Knowledge of cloud deployment strategies using AWS, Azure, etc.
- Experience configuring container like systems (Amazon ECS, Docker, etc.)
- Experience using either native mobile platform iOS or Android
QUALITIES WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- Adaptable to changing service needs and operational demands
- Highly conscientious with strong follow-through
- Ability to research best practices and communicate the results to non-experts
- Able to apply domain knowledge to ambiguous and novel situations
- Genuine interest in environmentalism, such as climate change and regenerative agriculture
- Aptitude for interdisciplinary collaboration
- Remote based in Vancouver, BC
WHO WE ARE
Terramera is an AgTech company transforming how we grow food and the economics of agriculture by simulating complex systems and the interactions of molecules and taking learnings from and to the field. The company provides solutions to the agricultural industry to reduce the use of synthetic pesticides, increase crop resiliency, predictability and quality, support regenerative agronomy and measure the carbon sequestered through regenerative agriculture. Terramera is headquartered in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada, with integrated operations that include research labs, automated plant growth facilities and a robotics workshop, and has more than 200 patents in its IP portfolio.
Our success begins with our people. We’re looking for A-Players who are passionate about making a difference as we are and thrive in environments that are dynamic, challenging and rewarding. Join our movement, as we set a new standard and change the world together as a highly dedicated, innovative, future-focused and solutions-oriented team.
While we thank all applicants for their interest, only short-listed candidates will be contacted. For more information on Terramera, please visit our website at www.terramera.com
Terramera is committed to a diverse workforce and we are an equal opportunity employer. As we make serious efforts to learn more about how we can increase diversity in our candidate pool, we invite you to voluntarily provide demographic information in a confidential survey at the end of this application.
Providing this information is optional. It will not be used in the hiring process, and has no effect on your opportunity for employment.
- Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis.