FULL-TIME PERMANENT POSITION
Terramera is actively seeking an experienced Business Analyst to join our Green Chemistry Solutions team to support the research, data collection, and implementation of our scientific data management framework. The successful candidate will have experience working with experts from different domains, a strong ability to align technology with business goals, and effective analytics and problem-solving skills.
Reporting to the Senior Data Architect, the Business Analyst will work closely with data scientists, computational chemists, machine learning and software engineers. The position will also interface with research chemists and biologists in our experimental teams and collaborate with IT on security and HPC/cloud computing-related tasks.
- Gather requirements and capture data from stakeholders in our Green Chemistry Solutions team
- Translate business requirements into technical specifications, create diagrams and documentation
- In collaboration with scientists and engineers, develop principles and standards for smooth flows between data generation and analysis
- Work with experimental science and computational chemistry/machine learning teams to implement the data management framework
- Support the research of data collection tools, provide demos to stakeholders and be a champion of new technology and systems
- Post-secondary degree in Business Analysis, Science, Technology or relevant discipline
- 3+ years’ experience as a Business Analyst, System Analyst, or similar position
- 3+ years’ experience in implementing large scale software
- Experience working in a cross-functional environment with experts from different domains
- Experience working with SQL and Python scripting
- Experience in implementation of an ELN, LIMS or SDMS
- Knowledge of scientific digital data acquisition technologies and scientific data analysis methods
- Experience working in a chemical and/or agricultural R&D environment
- Experience working in research and development or related field
- Experience using Agile project management
- Experience with IT and software development
- Experience leading data systems implementation and change management processes is an asset
QUALITIES WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- Self-starter, self-motivated, collaborative, flexible and open-minded
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with ability to provide clear and actionable recommendations in the presence of incomplete or uncertain information
- Able to demonstrate and inspire commitment to continuous improvement and continuing education
- Able to align technology with business goals, including quantifying and documenting technology value propositions and real value delivered
- Able to communicate complex information to a variety of internal and external stakeholders
- Vancouver, BC
WHO WE ARE
Terramera is an AgTech company transforming how we grow food and the economics of agriculture by simulating complex systems and the interactions of molecules and taking learnings from and to the field. The company provides solutions to the agricultural industry to reduce the use of synthetic pesticides, increase crop resiliency, predictability and quality, support regenerative agronomy and measure the carbon sequestered through regenerative agriculture. Terramera is headquartered in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada, with integrated operations that include research labs, automated plant growth facilities and a robotics workshop, and has more than 200 patents in its IP portfolio.
Our success begins with our people. We’re looking for A-Players who are passionate about making a difference as we are and thrive in environments that are dynamic, challenging and rewarding. Join our movement, as we set a new standard and change the world together as a highly dedicated, innovative, future-focused and solutions-oriented team.
While we thank all applicants for their interest, only short-listed candidates will be contacted. For more information on Terramera, please visit our website at www.terramera.com
Terramera is committed to a diverse workforce and we are an equal opportunity employer. As we make serious efforts to learn more about how we can increase diversity in our candidate pool, we invite you to voluntarily provide demographic information in a confidential survey at the end of this application.
Providing this information is optional. It will not be used in the hiring process, and has no effect on your opportunity for employment.
- Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis.