We are seeking a talented engineer to join our Research & Development team as a Machine Learning Engineer with a focus on Computer Vision. We are working on ambitious projects to augment our lab personnel with machine vision platforms to speed up our scientific work, as well as build imaging systems for a variety of contexts – both indoor and outdoor. The Machine Learning Engineer will work closely with our Robotics and Software Engineers to help process images to develop machine learning models that accelerate our scientific experimentation.
To support our work in computer vision, including object detection and segmentation using deep learning to facilitate our advanced bioscience research.
- Research and help develop machine learning/deep learning models for object detection and semantic segmentation in 2D and 3D images
- Support implementation of image processing pipelines to process 2D and 3D images captured by imaging platforms
- Research and help implement algorithms to solve various computer vision related problems such as 3D reconstruction and motion analysis
- Collaborate with and receive guidance from our Software and Machine Learning Engineers to put your models and algorithms into production
- M.Sc. or Ph.D. in Engineering/Computer Science, or an equivalent combination of experience and knowledge
- 2+ years’ experience in applying machine learning and deep learning concepts to real-world problems
- Familiarity with deep learning network architectures (e.g. convolutional neural networks, recurrent neural networks, single shot detectors) and frameworks (e.g. Tensorflow, PyTorch, Caffe)
- Solid programming skills with a focus on writing clean/maintainable code with experience in Python (preferred), Java, or C++ programming
- Strong analytical ability and mathematical skills
- Matured communication and critical thinking ability to influence and propose analytics strategies that challenge status quo thinking
- Portfolio of completed machine learning projects available for review
- Experience with parallel and distributed training of deep learning models
- Experience applying computer vision techniques to high-resolution images
- Exposure to imaging system components (sensors, optics, lighting)
- Knowledge of the Agile project management methodology
- Knowledge of theories and state of the art practices in computer vision with experience in computer vision and in using related libraries (e.g. OpenCV)
QUALITIES WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- Aptitude for interdisciplinary collaboration
- Highly conscientious with strong follow-through
- Capable of performing research on best practices and communicating results to a non-expert audience
- Able to apply domain knowledge to ambiguous and novel situations
- This position is remote based in Vancouver, BC.
WHO WE ARE
Terramera is a globally-recognized cleantech leader focused on fusing AI, science and nature to create revolutionary technologies that transform how we grow food and solve other world-scale challenges. With its Actigate™ Targeted Performance technology and mission to unlock the intelligence in nature to ensure a world that thrives and provides for everyone, Terramera is committed to reducing global synthetic chemical loads in agriculture by 80%, increasing global farm productivity by 20%, and increasing soil organic carbon by 100% by 2030. The privately held company was founded in 2010 and has grown to include a world-class bench of engineers, scientists, advisors and investors. Terramera is headquartered in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada, has integrated operations that include state-of-art research labs, robotics workshop, greenhouse and farm, and has 250+ patents in its IP portfolio.
Our success begins with our people. We’re looking for A-Players who are passionate about making a difference as we are and thrive in environments that are dynamic, challenging and rewarding. Join our movement, as we set a new standard and change the world together as a highly dedicated, innovative, future-focused and solutions-oriented team.
While we thank all applicants for their interest, only short-listed candidates will be contacted. For more information on Terramera, please visit our website at www.terramera.com
Terramera is committed to a diverse workforce and we are an equal opportunity employer. As we make serious efforts to learn more about how we can increase diversity in our candidate pool, we invite you to voluntarily provide demographic information in a confidential survey at the end of this application.
Providing this information is optional. It will not be accessible or used in the hiring process, and has no effect on your opportunity for employment.
- Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis.