We are seeking a recent graduate with a passion for science and agriculture to join our innovative Research & Development team as Research Technician in the in vitro high throughput screening group. The ideal candidate will have previous experience of working with aseptic techniques, complemented with proven teamwork and excellent communication skills and a mentality to produce high quality work consistently. The Research Technician II will report to the Scientist - High throughout Screening and will work closely with the Senior Scientist - Plant Pathology and all team members within the diverse-skilled R&D team.
Please note this is a 6-month term with a high possibility for permanent conversion.
To support the development and execution of in vitro screening assays for testing of a broad range of potential fungicidal molecules, against plant-parasitic pathogens.
- Supporting and collaborating with team members on various projects to meet project deliverables and timelines
- Responsible for setting up of in vitro high throughput screens
- Operating our cutting-edge automated screening system and software
- Perform routine lab maintenance and operations as required
- Preparation of standard reagents and media
- Carrying out routine handling of various plant pathogens
- Organizing and managing common inventory and reagents
The tentative work schedule will require the successful candidate to work in shifts or in weekends.
- Bachelor’s degree in Biology, Microbiology, Biochemistry or a related field (completed within past 3 years), and 6 months of general lab experience
- Familiar with biology lab operations, experimental design and setup, statistics, and collection of data
- Possess excellent aseptic techniques and pipetting techniques
- Canadian citizen, permanent resident or person granted refugee status in Canada
- No more than 30 years of age (as per wage subsidy requirements)
- Practical experience in setting up of in vitro assays for screening chemicals
- Experience in imaging and microscopy applications and usage of plate-based readers
- Excellent attention to detail and time management skills
- Self-motivated; ability to prioritize tasks; possess critical thinking skills
- Highly conscientious with strong follow-through
- Vancouver, BC, Canada
WHO WE ARE
Terramera is a cleantech leader focused on fusing AI, science and nature to create revolutionary technologies that transform how we grow food and solve other world-scale challenges. With its Actigate™ Targeted Performance technology and mission to unlock the intelligence in nature to ensure a world that thrives and provides for everyone, Terramera is committed to reducing global synthetic chemical loads in agriculture by 80 percent while increasing global farm productivity by 20 percent by 2030. The privately held company was founded in 2010 and has grown to include a world-class bench of engineers, scientists, advisors and investors. Terramera is headquartered in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada, has integrated operations that include a research lab, robotics workshop, greenhouse and farm, and has more than 200 patents in its IP portfolio.
Our success begins with our people. We’re looking for A-Players who are passionate about making a difference as we are and thrive in environments that are dynamic, challenging and rewarding. Join our movement, as we set a new standard and change the world together as a highly dedicated, innovative, future-focused and solutions-oriented team.
While we thank all applicants for their interest, only short-listed candidates will be contacted. For more information on Terramera, please visit our website at www.terramera.com
Terramera is committed to a diverse workforce and we are an equal opportunity employer.
- Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis.