TerraClear’s mission is to free farmers from the worst jobs on the farm. Our path begins by automating the most hated job on the farm - rock picking. Rocks slow farming, damage equipment, and lead to downtime while seeding and harvesting. Solving this problem frees farmers to focus on higher-value tasks and bring their operations into a new era of farming.
Our team is a close group who believe in the power of collaboration and teamwork, the value of getting our hands dirty and learning from the farmers we serve. You will thrive at TerraClear with a positive attitude and enthusiasm.
We are looking for an experienced Sr Electrical Engineer to drive robust hardware product development for TerraClear’s transformative field mapping and autonomous rock clearance solutions. Salary Range = $108-175K.
In this role, you will report directly to the VP of Engineering and ensure that we are building hardware that is highly reliable, innovative, high performance, and functionally safe, and will have the following roles and responsibilities:
- Own the architecture, design and development of all our electrical systems including power, sensing, communication and computing for in-field robotics hardware
- Perform hands-on work to build prototype systems
- Advance designs to commercial-level maturity and work with our manufacturing partners to bring the designs to production
- 5+ years in mobile robotics and camera hardware development, experience with off-road or agricultural applications is a plus
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering or a related field, advanced degree preferred
- Strong background in electrical system design, including power distribution, harnessing, power electronics, motor control, PCB design, and embedded systems
- Proficiency in eCAD software (such as Altium, Eagle) for electrical schematics and PCB layout design
- Experience with the use of GNSS (Global Navigation Satellite Systems) and IMUs (Inertial Measurement Unit) for accurate localization and navigation of robotic systems
- Familiarity with sensors, actuators, and communication protocols commonly used in robotics
- Experience with camera interfaces such as MIPI, GMSL
- Experience with programming languages commonly used in robotics, such as python, C and C++, experience with ROS (Robotics Operating System) is a plus
- Knowledge of regulatory standards and safety requirements for electrical systems
- Ability to work effectively in a multidisciplinary team, collaborating with engineers from different backgrounds
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills, with attention to detail
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal, to effectively convey technical information to team members and stakeholders
If you’re excited about TerraClear, fit the above qualifications and are passionate about solving hard problems, please apply now!
TerraClear is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to fostering an inclusive culture with extraordinary employees. We provide employment opportunities without regard to any legally protected status. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.