TerraClear is on a mission to revolutionize rock management in agriculture. This problem has existed as long as farming, and TerraClear is creating cost-effective solutions that allow farmers to focus their attention on tasks better suited for humans. By solving this age-old problem, TerraClear increases efficiency and reduces downtime during critical farming windows. Rock management is the first step in our vision to free farmers from the worst jobs on the farm using automation.
TerraClear recognizes that the food and agriculture industry is undergoing a transformational period, with rapid cost reductions in processing hardware and sensors opening up new ways to apply machine learning to solve the hard problems in agriculture. On top of that, labor challenges in farming communities are getting worse, making automation a viable solution to address these challenges.
To accomplish our audacious goals, our team emphasizes the value of collaboration and getting our hands dirty, constantly learning from the farmers we serve. We value can-do attitudes and enthusiasm in our close team, and aspire to meaningfully improve the experience for the people who grow our food around the world.
Join us as a Drone Pilot on our Field Operations team and help us automate the worst jobs in farming! This unique position will blend drone operations, hands-on field work, and opportunities to deepen your knowledge of machine learning and AI. As a member of our Field Operations Team, you'll play a critical role in collecting high-quality data for our advanced AI rock detection systems, all while honing your technical skills and exploring the cutting-edge of technology in the agriculture industry.
Salary range = $55k - 70k.
In this role, you will:
- Safely and effectively operate a drone to gather high-resolution images of rocks in farm fields
- Plan and execute flight missions, ensuring the accuracy of data captured
- Maintain and troubleshoot drone equipment as needed
- Collaborate with the team to identify areas for improvement and optimize data collection processes
- Maintain thorough and accurate records of flight operations and data gathered
- Travel around the country (95% travel time)
What we’re looking for:
- FAA Part 107 certification or equivalent
- Proven experience as a drone pilot, with a focus on data gathering
- Advanced photography skills and experience using drones for data collection (geomapping, photogrammetry and sensor testing)
- Strong knowledge of drone equipment, regulations, and safety procedures
- Proficiency with tools like Microsoft Office, Google drive, Google Calendar, etc
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Strong attention to detail and ability to work accurately with data
- Located in the Midwest (IA, MN, WI, KS, MO, ND, SD, NE)
- 2-3 years experience with DJI drones and apps
- Experience operating trailers and UTV/ATVs
- Bachelors or Associates Degree in a science or engineering discipline
If you’re excited about TerraClear, fit the above qualifications and are passionate about solving hard problems, please apply now!
TerraClear is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to fostering an inclusive culture with extraordinary employees. We provide employment opportunities without regard to any legally protected status. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.