TerraClear’s mission is to improve farmers’ profitability through automation of repetitive, labor-intensive tasks in farming. Our path begins by automating the worst job - rock picking. Rocks slow farming, damage equipment, and lead to downtime while seeding and harvesting. Solving this problem allows farmers to focus on higher value farming tasks and reduces their risk of downtime during critical farming windows.
We are a close group who believe in the power of collaboration and teamwork, the value of getting our hands dirty and learning from the farmers we serve. Positive attitudes and enthusiasm are a must. Following the successful launch of our precision rock picker last year, we are focused on bringing a fully autonomous rock picker to the market – a transformative solution to an age-old, pervasive problem for farmers.
TerraClear is seeking a creative, tenacious and team-oriented Mechanical Engineer to drive innovative designs towards a breakthrough autonomous solution in agriculture.
In this role, you will:
- Exercise the full range of your mechanical design and systems engineering skills – from inventing novel mechanisms to hands-on building and testing prototypes in farm fields.
- Participate in early stage architectural design trades, creating innovative solutions to broad technical problems.
- perform component selection and validation – this includes hydraulic actuators, a wide range of sensors and other electro-mechanical components.
- Participate in design reviews. Validate your designs through a combination of hand calcs, FEA, subcomponent lab testing, and integrated field testing.
- Triage issues, perform root cause analysis, identify and communicate emerging product development risks, develop and execute mitigation plans.
What we’re looking for:
- BS in Mechanical Engineering or a related field
- 2+ Years experience applying your skills to create practical solutions to real-world problems.
- Strong understanding of engineering fundamentals combined with hands-on experience.
- Excellent design intuition. Demonstrated ability to create simple, functional, manufacturable, cost-effective, and robust designs.
- Strong, team-oriented communication skills – written and presentation
- Willingness to travel to field office and test areas
- MS in Mechanical Engineering or a related field.
- Experience designing hydraulic systems.
- Experience designing electromechanical systems
- Experience designing machines in the heavy equipment and/or agriculture industry.
If you’re excited about TerraClear, fit the above qualifications and are passionate about solving hard problems, please apply now!
TerraClear is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to fostering an inclusive culture with extraordinary employees. We provide employment opportunities without regard to any legally protected status. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.