TeraPore Technologies is a venture-backed startup developing cutting edge nanoseparations materials for the biopharmaceutical market and beyond. Our team is comprised of PhD scientists, separation experts, and biopharma industry veterans, all passionate about enabling safer, cleaner life science products.
TeraPore is seeking a self-motivated Senior Polymer Scientist to design and develop new materials for isoporous membranes which will be applied to nanoparticle exclusion processes. The role of the position includes the design of the materials, investigation of synthetic routes of the chemistry, characterization of the materials with various analytical techniques, and fabrication of composite materials. This position is based in our South San Francisco facility.
- Design and evaluate the organic materials for thin film coating on the substrates comprised of polyesters, polyamides, polyimides, or polyolefins.
- Design and apply various coating equipment to fabricate composite materials.
- Develop the curing process at batch-type coating and continuous coating systems.
- Investigate the surface structures of composite materials with various optical analysis tools.
- Characterize material’s stability and deformation behaviors with thermal analysis tools.
- Define the chemical stability/resistance of the materials at various testing conditions.
- Write SOPs and progress reports.
- Minimum Master's degree in polymer science or related field required.
- Must have 3+years of experiences in thin film polymer coating with slot die coater or related techniques.
- Must have 3+years of experiences in wet chemistry for chemical synthesis and analysis.
- Must have 3+ years of experiences in material analysis of polymeric materials with DSC, TGA, DMA, and TMA.
- Must have the knowledge of curing process of the materials with UV, heat, or other methods.
- Experience in surface analysis of the films with AFM, ellipsometry, or optical profilers preferred.
- Experiences in chemical analysis with HPLC, GPC, GC-MS, FTIR, and NMR will be preferred.
- Excellent communication and writing skills.
- Ability to work in an interdisciplinary and dynamic small-team environment.