TeraPore Technologies is a venture-backed startup developing cutting edge nanoseparations materials for the biopharmaceutical market and beyond. Our team is comprised of PhD scientists, separation experts, and biopharma industry veterans, all passionate about enabling safer, cleaner products
TeraPore is seeking a self-motivated Research Assistant to support the design and development of new isoporous membranes used in nanoparticle exclusion processes. The role of the position includes thin film coating, material analysis, and the evaluation of structural stability of prototype products. This position is a full-time on-site position based in our South San Francisco facility.
- Coating of polymeric materials on various substrates such as glasses, polymeric films, and silicon wafers with various coating methods including spin coating, roller coating, slot die coating, or gravure coating.
- Execution of experiments to optimize coating conditions and formulations.
- Characterization of thin films using optical and thermal analysis tools.
- Procurement of materials including chemicals, films, and consumables for coating equipment.
- Writing progress reports and following SOPs.
- 1+ years experience in a wet chemistry laboratory environment.
- Experience with analytical laboratory equipment, for example SEM, GPC, NMR, TGA, FTIR, etc.
- Experience with thin film coating a plus.
- Must be able to read, understand, and follow all company work instructions, production standards, safety procedures, quality procedures, production procedures, and Standard Operating Protocols.
- Must maintain a clean and safe work environment.
- Must be able to work in an interdisciplinary and dynamic small-team environment.