TeraPore Technologies is a venture-backed startup developing cutting edge nano separation materials for the biopharmaceutical market and beyond. Our high-powered team is comprised of scientists and engineers, separation experts, and biopharma industry veterans, all passionate about enabling safer, cleaner life science products.
TeraPore is seeking a self-motivated Engineering Manager to make an impact in bringing TeraPore’s technology to the market.
Key responsibilities for this Engineering Manager position include developing and leading a small engineering team as well as being an individual contributor. He/She will deliver projects related to the development of filtration devices and associated processes, manufacturing operations scale up, and testing equipment. The Engineering Manager will be also responsible for engineering support of membrane and device production and troubleshooting, through development of fixtures, modifying and upgrading existing equipment.
The Engineering Manager will be a member of the Operations team and reports directly to VP of Operations. Assignments will be project-based, with visibility into a wide range of company functions.
- Minimum of a BS/MS in mechanical engineering or related fields with 5+ years of experience in the field.
- Management experience of a small team of direct reports. Excellent organizational and leadership skills.
- Specific experience in membrane casting equipment, membrane handling, and/or biopharma/medical filtration device design and implementation is beneficial.
- Substantial knowledge of stress analysis, mechanical design, SolidWorks/CAD, materials selection.
- Experience in the assembly of plastic parts, from prototype to full manufacturing scale and injection molding a plus.
- Ability to independently design, plan and execute projects. Ability to prioritize and respond timely to company priorities.
- Understanding manufacturing and quality control requirements.
- Well-developed verbal and written communication skills.
- Good technical writing with expertise in writing SOP and other documentation.
- Engineering experience combined with innovative and creative thinking, and the ability to steer projects independently by being a part of a multidisciplinary organization.
- Analytical decision-making and problem-solving skills are essential.
This Job is ideal for someone who is:
- A self-starter, motivated and able to positively motivate others.
- Interested in solving technical challenges by introducing new design, new equipment, new process
- Focused, target driven with a positive, can-do attitude skills and attributes.
- With excellent leadership, and interpersonal skills.