Senior Polymer Scientist
TeraPore Technologies is a venture-backed startup developing cutting edge nanoseparations materials for the biopharmaceutical market and beyond. Our team is comprised of PhD scientists, separation experts, and biopharma industry veterans, all passionate about enabling safer, cleaner life science products.
TeraPore is seeking a self-motivated Senior Polymer Scientist to design and develop new materials for isoporous membranes which will be applied to nanoparticle exclusion processes. The role of the position includes the design of the materials, investigation of synthetic routes of the chemistry, characterization of the materials with various analytical techniques, and fabrication of composite materials. This position is based in our South San Francisco facility.
- Design and synthesize small molecules using multistep of synthetic routes.
- Design and synthesize new materials using controlled polymerization techniques.
- Purify organic compounds with column chromatography and other filtration methods.
- Characterize material’s stability and deformation behaviors with thermal analysis tool.
- Design and apply various coating equipment to fabricate composite materials.
- Define the chemical stability/resistance of the materials at various testing conditions.
- Write SOPs and progress reports.
- Minimum Master's degree in polymer science or related field required.
- Must have 3+years of experiences in wet chemistry for chemical synthesis and analysis.
- Must have 3+years of experiences in chemical analysis with HPLC, GPC, GC-MS, FTIR, and NMR.
- Must have 3+ years of experiences in material analysis of polymeric materials with DSC, TGA, DMA, and TMA.
- Must have the knowledge of curing process of the materials with UV, heat, or other methods.
- Experience in thin film coating will be preferred.
- Excellent communication and writing skills.
- Ability to work in an interdisciplinary and dynamic small-team environment.