TeraPore Technologies is a venture-backed startup developing cutting edge nanoseparations materials for the biopharmaceutical market and beyond. Our team is comprised of PhD scientists, separation experts, and biopharma industry veterans, all passionate about enabling safer, cleaner life science products.
TeraPore is seeking a self-motivated Senior Chemist to spearhead chemical surface modifications of our next-generation nanoseparations platform technology. Deep familiarity with polymer chemistry, polymer physics, and surface chemistry is critical for the success of this role.
This scientist in this role will work with an interdisciplinary team of scientists and engineers with the goal to elucidate the interactions between a polymer membrane and proteins. This position is based in our South San Francisco facility.
- Develop new surface modification technologies for current and next-gen applications for TeraPore’s novel bioseparations platform.
- Work collaboratively and in a multi-disciplinary environment to develop and understand complex interactions between polymers and bio-polymers (i.e. proteins).
- Generate ideas and work hands-on in the laboratory to research and develop novel protocols and test methods to characterize these protein-interface interactions.
- Creatively utilize equipment and tools to efficiently generate meaningful data related to membrane surface modification and characteristics.
- Project-based work with specific material performance targets identified in collaboration with partners and other team members.
- Write progress reports and other required documentation.
- This scientist in this position is expected to generate new IP and publish articles in peers reviewed journals.
- Minimum Master’s degree in polymer chemistry or related field required, PhD preferred.
- 5+ years of industrial working experiences required.
- Established track record of executing in an interdisciplinary team, with the ability to execute, delegate, and identify resources needed in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong technical background, with publications in peer-reviewed journals and/or patents.
- Hands-on experience in wet chemistry and polymer chemistry synthesis.
- Strong fundamental knowledge of surface chemistry with emphasis on controlled living polymerization techniques is a huge plus.
- Experience in separation, purification, filtration, and/or chromatography.
- Experience with analytical tools such as FTIR, SEM, NMR, UV-Visible spectroscopy, chromatography.
- Ability to work in an interdisciplinary and dynamic small-team environment.
- High attention to detail and accuracy in developing, reviewing, and following protocols.
- Excellent communication and writing skills.
- Understanding and previous implementation of DOE in combination with statistical modeling is a plus