TeraPore Technologies is a venture-backed startup developing cutting edge nanoseparations materials for the biopharmaceutical market and beyond. Our team is comprised of PhD scientists, separation experts, and biopharma industry veterans, all passionate about enabling safer, cleaner life science products.
TeraPore is seeking a Research Assistant to work in a dynamic chemical scale-up laboratory as part of the chemistry team that produces a base polymer nanomaterial to a high specification. The Research Assistant will receive exposure to and gain expertise in the synthesis and scale-up of advanced polymer nanomaterials and materials characterization techniques.
- Operate and maintain chemical synthesis and polymer production equipment.
- Responsible for the operation and routine maintenance of laboratory analysis equipment such as GPC/SEC, HPLC, GC-MS and sample preparation for analysis by external testing laboratories.
- Provide feedback to the production manager and review and improve SOPs and related documents.
- Perform all duties with accuracy and good lab practices.
- Report results and any deviations from standard protocols to technical management.
- Bachelor’s degree in chemistry or related degree OR Associate's degree in a related field with 2+ years wet lab experience.
- Significant attention to detail and accuracy in developing, reviewing and following protocols and SOPs.
- Possess a high degree of hands-on technical aptitude and reasoning.
- Be able to routinely lift up to 50 pounds.
- Works well in an interdisciplinary and dynamic small-team environment.
- Complies with company policies and practices with an emphasis on safety and quality standards.
- Experience with laboratory, pilot or chemical operations (especially chemical synthesis of any kind) is a plus.
- Experience with polymer synthesis is a plus.
- Experience with Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs) and/or quality control (QC) desirable.