TeraPore Technologies is a venture-backed startup developing cutting edge nanoseparations materials for the biopharmaceutical market and beyond. Our team is comprised of PhD scientists, separation experts, and biopharma industry veterans, all passionate about enabling safer, cleaner life science products.
TeraPore is seeking a self-motivated Senior Research Scientist (Scientist II) to lead our chemical post-modifications effort for next-gen life sciences applications of our nanoseparation platform technology. A key area of interest is to develop a deep understanding of the interplay between our polymer property, its surface chemistry, and protein adsorption and how this relationship translates into functional performance of the materials.
The ideal candidate has a strong surface chemistry background, knowledge of polymer physics and hands-on experience with surface modification and/or bioconjugation and biochemistry. He/she is expected to work independently but will interface with various groups within the company. Thus, the ideal candidate is a self-starter, has enthusiasm and passion and is not afraid to go the extra mile.
- Developing new surface modification technologies and exploring life science applications for TeraPore’s novel bioseparations platform.
- Researching and developing novel protocols and test methods.
- Utilizing multiple analytical tools to generate meaningful data.
- Having a keen sense of strengths and limitations of various analytical tools and being able to extract information from datasets; critical thinking is essential for this role.
- Investigating separations needs alongside collaborators and team members.
- Project-based work with specific materials performance targets identified in collaboration with partners and other team members.
- Master’s degree in polymer chemistry or related field required, PhD preferred.
- 5+ years of industrial working experiences required.
- Established track record of high-quality work in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong technical background, with publications in peer-reviewed journals and/or patents.
- Hands-on experience in wet chemistry and polymer chemistry synthesis.
- Strong fundamental knowledge of polymer physics.
- Experience with surface analytical tools such as FTIR, SEM, AFM and ellipsometry strongly desired.
- Experience in separation, purification, filtration, and/or chromatography preferred.
- Experience with protein purification & characterization is a plus.
- Ability to work in an interdisciplinary and dynamic small-team environment.
- High attention to detail and accuracy in developing, reviewing, and following protocols.