TeraPore Technologies is a venture-backed startup developing cutting edge nanoseparations materials for the biopharmaceutical market and beyond. Our team is comprised of PhD scientists, separation experts, and biopharma industry veterans, all passionate about enabling safer, cleaner life science products.
TeraPore is seeking a self-motivated Research Associate to work on membrane development and explore next-gen applications of our nanoseparations platform technology. A strong polymer chemistry background with good knowledge of polymer physics, lab experience, and ability to generate and analyze data in context is critical for the success of this role.
- Participate in membrane development projects including running experiments and assessing the product performances.
- Research and develop novel protocols and test methods.
- Utilize multiple analytical tools to generate meaningful data.
- Participate in brainstorming to define path forward to deliver new membrane structure, enhanced performances.
- Create accurate records of experiments and related data.
- Maintain lab equipment, chemical and sample inventory.
- Associate or Bachelor’s degree in polymer chemistry and physics or related scientific field.
- 2+ years of working experiences in a lab required, focused on new product development.
- High attention to detail.
- Push for results with desire to learn.
- Excellent record keeping.
- Great accuracy in developing and working with protocols.
- Experience with analytical tools such as FTIR, SEM, TOC and GPC preferred.
- Experience in separation, purification, filtration, and/or chromatography strongly desired.
- Hands-on experience in roll-to-roll processes such as membrane casting or film deposition is a plus.
- Self-motivation, adaptability, and multi-tasking skills.
- Ability to work in an interdisciplinary and dynamic small team environment.
- Ability to quickly familiarize oneself in fast-paced and fast-changing environment.
- Excellent organizational, prioritization and decision-making skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication.