TeraPore Technologies is a venture-backed startup developing cutting edge nanoseparations materials for the biopharmaceutical market and beyond. Our team is comprised of scientists, engineers, separation experts, and biopharma industry veterans, all passionate about enabling safer, cleaner life science products.
TeraPore is seeking an innovative Senior Polymer Chemist responsible for the development and optimization of polymerization processes with an emphasis on living polymerization and surface grafting. You will be working in a small team environment with multi-tasking culture. Main responsibilities include synthesis of block copolymers, characterization of polymers and writing of procedures. Design of experiment and statistical data analysis will be a part of day to day.
This role reports to the VP of Engineering and is based out of our South San Francisco office.
- PhD in chemistry, polymer chemistry, chemical engineering or other relevant field with 2-3 years of industry experience or M.S. with over 4 years of industry experience.
- Living polymerization and surface modification experience is required. Knowledge of anion polymerization for developing block copolymers is preferred.
- Laboratory skills in polymerization techniques, purification, and polymer characterization.
- Strong knowledge of GPC, NMR, and other analytical methods for polymer characterization.
- Experience with variety of polymerization reactions.
- Familiar with writing of SOP and other technical documentation.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Self-motivated and able to work independently to achieve project objectives.
- Experience with anhydrous and vacuum scale up is preferred.
- Experience in DOE and statistical analysis is preferred.
- Expertise in development of polymers for membrane industry is preferred.