TeraPore Technologies is a venture-backed startup developing cutting edge nano-separations materials for the biopharmaceutical market and beyond. Our team is comprised of scientists, engineers, separation experts, and biopharma industry veterans, all passionate about enabling safer, cleaner life science products.
TeraPore is seeking a detail-oriented Product Development Engineer II responsible for supporting all activities related to the research and development of polymeric membranes and associated processes. The Product Development Engineer II will be a critical member of the Membrane team, playing a critical role in developing and validating processes and products, successfully transferring robust product and processes into manufacturing, and supporting commercial launch. To be successful in this role, you must be technically curious and willing to learn quickly to execute against objectives.
This role reports to the Director of Membrane Manufacturing and is based out of our South San Francisco office.
- Develop and optimize membrane casting processes by creating, implementing, and analyzing DOEs to establish trends between process parameters and membrane performances.
- Identify, develop, and implement tests to assess product performances.
- Identify scale-up and manufacturability risks and advise on mitigation strategies.
- Assist in troubleshooting and problem solving against development, scale-up and/or manufacturing challenges.
- Participate in the preparation and review of all project documents regarding performance and risk management.
- Assist with testing, installing, and troubleshooting equipment.
- Monitor and define process capability.
- Minimum of 6 years of industry experience with a degree in Chemical Engineering, Polymer or Material Science, or a related discipline.
- Experience with process development for polymeric film or coatings. Experience in porous films is a plus.
- Proficiency in engineering, experimental design, data analysis, problem solving. Six Sigma Certification is a plus.
- Strong analytical skills and great attention to details.
- Familiar with running equipment such as casting machine, thin film extrusion, coating, deposition, etc.
- Knowledge of fluid handling technology and ideally separation science.
- Ability to lead technical projects and work effectively in a cross-functional team.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Familiarity with applicable safety and compliance regulations.