TeraPore Technologies is a venture-backed startup developing cutting edge nanoseparations materials for the biopharmaceutical market and beyond. Our high-powered team is comprised of PhD scientists, separation experts, and biopharma industry veterans, all passionate about enabling safer, cleaner life science products. TeraPore is seeking a self-motivated VP of Bioprocess Applications Engineering to make an impact in bringing TeraPore’s technology to the market.
The VP of Bioprocess Applications Engineering will serve as an advisor to the product development team regarding projects, tasks, and daily operations to meet deadlines or resolve complex problems. Assignments will be task and project oriented, and problems are complex and have a diverse scope. You will be responsible for recommending modifications to operating schedules, performance requirements, budgets, and schedules. This is an opportunity to come in at the ground level and help scale a team and product that is innovating quickly.
This position reports to the Chief Executive Officer and is based out of our South San Francisco, CA office.
- Proactively pursuing and performing client-based trials and internal development work for purification of therapeutic proteins.
- Strong focus on viral clearance applications for biopharmaceutical and plasma-derived therapies, including process optimization and technology transfer.
- Hands-on laboratory work and experimental planning, data analysis, and management.
- Familiarity with the following technologies: membrane filtration, tangential flow filtration, viral clearance filtration, charge and affinity-based chromatography.
- Substantial knowledge of the state-of-the-art in process development for the purification of monoclonal antibodies, plasma-derived therapies, and/or next-generation biopharmaceutical products at the benchtop and clinical scales as well as knowledge of protein chemistry and development.
- Routinely and effectively coordinate and manage field trials at customer sites.
- Experience with infectivity-based and q-PCR-based assays for mammalian virus and bacteriophage systems is a plus.
- Minimum of a BS/MS or PhD in chemical engineering, pharmaceutical sciences, life science or chemistry or biochemistry with 5-10+ years of experience.
- Excellent hands-on laboratory skills.
- Ability to independently design, plan and schedule experiments and carry out data analysis.
- Ability to develop test protocols and present reports to customers and derive relevant conclusions and/or recommendations for future courses of action.
- Ability to apply high-level problem-solving skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to respond to and prioritize customer and internal team needs.
- Ability to produce high quality written trial reports and other appropriate documentation and content that appropriately captures results of trial work.
- Ability to manage and mentor a 4+ person process development/applications team.
- Collect, organize, and analyze data resulting in conclusions/recommendations.
- Maintain attention to details and demonstrate good communication skills.