Teracore is a Service- Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business (SDVOSB) classified management consulting and information technology services firm. We are committed to creating and maintaining a corporate environment and culture that promotes long-term employment. Diverse talents help us to achieve the missions and objectives of our customers. We hope we can partner together to achieve those goals.
We are SO glad you are reading this. But, before we go any further in this conversation, we have deal breakers. You must:
- be eligible to obtain a DoD Personal Security Clearance
- be able to work on client site
- possess at least 10 years’ software development experience and 5 years leadership experience
- have a degree in Computer Science, Engineering discipline, GIS or related field
You should also have:
- experience using Relational Database Management Systems such as Postgres, MongoDB, MySQL, SQL Server, and/or Oracle
- experience using an IDE such as Microsoft Visual Studio or Eclipse, using a source code repository such as BitBucket, Mercurial, GIT, or Subversion, using a defect management system such as Bugzilla, JIRA, or Fogbugz, using REACT or node.js
- experience with cloud environments such as AWS or Azure
- experience with OGC Standards such as WMS, WFS, WPS, WCS, GeoPackage, 3D Tiles, IS3, or CDB
- proven capabilities in leading diverse software teams in the development of technical solutions, and have experience with cloud-based development
- ability to promote teamwork and provide motivation and support for the group.
It will also be great if you have:
- an active or current Secret clearance
- Scaled Agile Framework experience
- experience working with high fidelity Geospatial data sources
We're glad you're still reading.
Now that we have that out of the way, let's talk about some of the day to day duties of this role. You will provide technical leadership to the application and product development teams and assist the Program Manager in performing scheduling and status reporting functions. You will direct responsibility for the work produced in the Application Product Development Group (Budget, Schedule, and Quality), assigns tasks based on priority and suitability, and monitor project costs, progress, and quality to completion. You will also provide individual engineers with technical leadership, coordination and direction within the given area of responsibility and review work across all programs in the given area of responsibility, defining project technical approach and process improvement needs.
Some of the other duties and requirements:
- Support the manager in interpreting and enforcing overall company policies and goals, and defining and enforcing standards within the group
- Support business development team in the production of winning proposals; participate on proposal development and review teams as needed
- Manage staffing of the group including review of work required on upcoming (forecast) programs, make recommendations regarding hiring of new employees to maintain program schedules
Yes, that was a mouthful, and there is oh so much more! If you’re interested in partnering with Teracore, let’s chat. We look forward to discussing the details with you. Do you need accommodations to apply? Email your resume and cover letter to IWantToWork@teracore.com. Thank you again for your interest!
At Teracore, we support, depend and thrive on differences for the benefit of our associates and customers. Teracore is an equal opportunity employer. Employment decisions are based solely on a person's merit and professional qualifications directly related to job competence. Teracore does not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, color, creed, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, sensory, physical or mental disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or related condition (including breastfeeding), or any other basis protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws pertaining to nondiscrimination and equal opportunity.