Tensure is a fully-remote technology consulting firm focused on Cloud, DevOps, and Build-as-a-Service.
We started Tensure with the mission to create freedom for others: freedom to be who you are at work, freedom to pursue a career in technology, freedom from the constraints that keep good products from becoming great ones.
Our team is 100% remote.
We're looking for a Senior Project Manager who will be responsible for leading teams to deliver customer-facing project(s) that span across one or more business units. Responsibilities will include managing resources, schedules, budgets and adhering to quality and SDLC control guidelines of our PMO throughout the full systems/software development life cycle. This also includes management of issues, risks and project change requests to ensure successful and on-time project delivery. This role is also expected to contribute to process improvement initiatives as they relate to improving project delivery. Project management at Tensure is not just about following a process, it is about being proactive and engaged in driving the project forward, so we are looking for someone who has the ability to collaborate with customers and develop strategies and solutions of high business value.
- Full project life cycle ownership: successful project delivery will include full implementation from initiation to deployment for one major or several minor initiatives simultaneously
- Project planning and management including; backlog prioritization, sprint schedule management and risk management
- Project reporting including: providing status reporting regarding project milestones, deliverable, dependencies, risks and issues, communicating across leadership, and reporting on project success criteria results, metrics, test and deployment management activities
- Stakeholder management including; managing customer expectations for project deliverables, status meetings, and change proposals
- Team management including; managing development team task assignments and holding team members accountable for commitments, coaching, mentoring, motivating and supervising project and program team
- Deepening the client relationship through actively identifying pre-sales conversations and future project opportunities.
- Working creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment demonstrating teamwork, innovation and excellence
- Participating in establishing practices, templates, policies, tools and partnerships to expand and mature the capabilities for the organization
- Monitoring, tracking and controlling outcomes to resolve issues, conflicts, dependencies and critical path deliverables
- 5+ years of technical project management. Excellent experience in Agile, SCRUM, Waterfall
- 2+ years in leading delivery of Digital Innovation, Business Intelligence, and cloud infrastructure projects
- Strong leadership, diplomatic and motivational skills including the ability to lead up, across and down multiple business and technology organizations
- Proven ability to work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment demonstrating teamwork, innovation and excellence
- Build and maintain relationships by engaging organizational leadership to establish credibility, solve problems, build consensus and achieve objectives
- Experience leading, motivating and managing various project and program team sizes, including internal and external resources, while holding team accountable for performance
- Proven ability to demonstrate a drive for results and accountability of business needs
- Interpersonal skills to influence and spur change, facilitate and enhance performance within a cross - functional environment
- Able to clearly articulate concepts to people with varying technical background
- Strong organization skills and an ability to manage competing demands
- Listening and analytical skills to objectively evaluate and escalate complex project risks and issues
- Experience with cloud technologies (GCP, Microsoft Azure, AWS) is a bonus.
- Certified Scrum Master or PMP
- 5+ years of experience working with business stakeholders within a cross-functional matrix environment
- 3+ years of experience working for project based software development consulting organizations.
- 1+ years of previous experience with gathering requirements from the client / business and documentation
Base Salary for Senior Project Manager is $105,000.00 per year
Other benefits include:
- 100% Remote
- Insurance (Health, Dental, Vision, Life)
- We contribute 3% of your base salary to a 401k (regardless of your contribution)
- 5 weeks Paid Time Off + 10 Company Holiday
- A transparent pay structure with a clear path to promotion
What to expect during your interview process:
- An initial screening interview
- A technical interview (pairing, case studies and/or hypothetical questions about how you would solve certain challenges)
- Offer Letter sent via email (or a decline with feedback)
- Note: salaries for each level are fixed, provided during the interview process, and updated yearly; we do not negotiate, as we believe negotiating favors us more than it favors you