Tenet3 is growing a cyber analytics company based in Dayton, Ohio. We develop software products supporting advanced machine learning, property graph analysis, and enhanced human cognition. This offers our customers a unique window into the trustworthiness of complex, interconnected, cyber-physical systems. Advanced technology implemented in modern software frameworks drives our growth.
Tenet3 seeks a detail-oriented R&D Project Engineer who will support the management of a growing portfolio of cutting edge technology projects. The Project Engineer will report to the Director of Research and monitor the day-to-day execution of a portfolio of technical computer science, AI/ML, cloud computing and hardware engineering research projects. As Project Engineer, you will utilize Agile project management techniques to define project objectives, purpose, and scope. You will recommend and develop requirements for new projects, recognize opportunities, and provide technical information and analysis that will influence decisions. You will schedule and monitor task execution and support the development of reports and briefings of the resulting work. You will interact with Product Development, Engineering and Program Evaluation leads to improve the alignment of R&D capabilities with company goals and customer needs. You will work with R&D and Engineering department leadership to plan, execute and refine technology transition processes in the company. You will be expected to provide effective documentation throughout the process.
You will be successful in this role if you are a passionate technologist with previous experience as a computer scientist, engineer, or software engineer. Your technology passion has led you to self reading and some study in some of: machine learning, knowledge representation, data science/analytics, cloud computing, microelectronics, reverse engineering, bleeding edge web application technology and cybersecurity. Your success will be further driven by your excellent multitasking skills, strong work ethic and in finding excitement in working cybersecurity and technology challenges of national interest.
Essential Job Duties
- Build and maintain sprint boards capturing activities in a wide project portfolio.
- Engage with R&D technologists to track progress.
- Facilitate regular project meetings involving all stakeholders.
- Prepare project progress reports and document milestones on a regular cadence.
- Evaluate, refine and strengthen the company’s Agile project management practices.
- Define, refine, and evaluate research program and project management procedures.
- Engage with government program managers and technical subject matter experts (SMEs) to understand program requirements, define deliverables, and identify associated R&D activities.
- Oversee the translation of new technical capability into performant cloud applications and services.
- Interface with the Director of Research and Director of Engineering to constantly refine and improve the technology transition process.
- Build and maintain roadmaps, including those that align company activities with DoD related technology development areas.
- Creative and passionate technologist able to map new technology to novel solutions.
- Ability to quickly ramp up on a range of technology and government topics.
- Able to describe and apply common statistical methods for data analysis.
- Ability to collaboratively produce deliverables with high-quality writing in a short time frame using Microsoft PowerPoint, Word, and Excel, as well as LaTeX and Markdown.
- Self-starter who is not afraid to make mistakes and has a bias for action.
- Process oriented thinker with excellent problem-solving skills.
- Ability to distill complex activities into simple but informative talking points.
- Knowledge of methods to qualitatively and quantitatively evaluate project progression.
- Experience in working or managing projects following Agile processes.
- Eligibility for Department of Defense Security Clearance
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or an engineering discipline
- 3-5 years of relevant experience in software, hardware, IT, cyber, security, or DoD systems management
- Experience leading Agile project teams.
Salary and Benefits
- Competitive salary based on experience.
- Generous PTO
- Additional sick days
- Floating holidays
- Excellent health benefits including 100% medical, vision, and dental
- HSA with company contributions
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with company match and profit sharing
- Short and Long-term Disability
- Life Insurance
- Casual environment with smart, creative people
- Flex time
- Telework policy
- Free coffee and snacks
Tenet3 provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, religion, age, disability, gender identity, results of genetic testing, or service in the military. Equal employment opportunity applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leave of absence, compensation, and training.