Tenet3 is a growing cybersecurity and systems analytics firm in Dayton, OH. We provide solutions to difficult computer science, microelectronics engineering, and cloud-scale machine learning and data processing challenges. These solutions are delivered through software and services to government and commercial customers working on highly technical problems. We are looking for computer and hardware engineers to join our research staff. We have positions open at multiple levels.
Hardware engineers collaborate with a tight group of colleagues to solve data-centric cyber systems problems. They work with research scientists and engineers inside of Tenet3 and in the government. They invest time in learning and understanding the state-of-the-art and state-of-practice in hardware and software reverse engineering, microelectronics design and fabrication, VLSI, signal processing and exploitation, and in hardware design for cyber-physical systems. Hired hardware engineers will (broadly) examine the security of hardware and other computer systems. They will build hardware prototypes, and model complex physical systems in simulation and other software tools. They will also provide practical context to theoretical models developed by our research scientists. They will embrace the opportunity to translate your scientific and quantitative knowledge into capability never seen in practice.
This is a high-impact position where your experience, technical expertise, and passion for microelectronics will directly impact our products and our government customers. Your cutting-edge ideas and solutions will be put in practice to harden the security of and protect complex technology systems.
Responsibilities with Approximate Effort
(50%) Investigate the design, simulation and emulation, fabrication, and post-fabrication testing concerns of microelectronic devices. Prototype designs, execute internal simulations, model complex hardware systems, build physical systems, and carry out “wetlab” tests and readings on hardware.
(20%) Script and evaluate signal processing, tracking, and estimation algorithms, microelectronic designs, and data processing procedures.
(15%) Maintain a portfolio of solutions under development through issue planning and tracking, road mapping, testing, and progress assessment. Coordinate with engineers across the organization to team and translate prototypes into practical tools.
(10%) Interact and collaborate with hardware engineers at AFRL and other engineering firms to work on large microelectronics research problems faced by the government.
(5%) Create written and verbal internal and external communications for projects targeting relevant stakeholders.
Travel requirement: up to 25%
- Ability to obtain and maintain a Dept of Defense top secret security clearance.
- (Associate, Staff) BS degree in Electrical or Computer Engineering, Physics, or related Engineering field.
- (Research+) MS degree in Electrical or Computer Engineering, Physics, or related Engineering field.
- Demonstrated background in signal processing and exploitation, microelectronics design and evaluation, microelectronics fabrication, hardware reverse engineering, or hardware security.
- Solid fundamentals in computer architecture, software assembly, and microelectronics.
- Team-oriented attitude with excellent collaboration abilities. Able to both give and receive direction.
- Excellent time-management skills with evidence of managing multiple technical problems simultaneously.
- Excellent writing, public speaking, and verbal communication skills.
- (Senior Research) 7+ years experience of research oriented work under DoD or DoE related programs (2+ years with PhD).
- (Principal) 15+ years experience of patented research oriented work under DoD or DoE related programs (10+ years with PhD).
- (Principal) Portfolio of leadership experience managing and leading scientists and engineers on technical projects.
- PhD degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or Electrical Engineering.
- (Research+) Productive record of publications, technical presentations, patents, and/or white papers as appropriate for your academic field.
- Experience in digital systems design
- Team lead experience, or experiences demonstrating leadership capability.
- Previously obtained a DoD or DoE Security Clearance.
- Familiarity working with or in government defense, intelligence, and energy programs.
Applications at all levels will be accepted through this posting.
Salary and Benefits
- Very competitive salary
- Generous PTO
- Additional sick days
- Floating holidays
- Excellent health benefits including 100% medical, vision, and dental
- HSA with company contributions
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with company match and profit sharing
- Short and Long-term Disability
- Life Insurance
- Casual environment with smart, creative people
- Flex time
- Free coffee and snacks
Tenet3 is a cyber analytics company based in Dayton, Ohio. We develop software products supporting advanced machine learning, property graph analysis, and enhanced human cognition. Our tag line is Cybernetics. We seek synergies between human insights and machine automation. Working together our software platforms and human analysts enable a concept we call “explainable security.” This offers our customers a unique window into the trustworthiness of complex, interconnected, cyber-physical systems. Successful software drives our growth. We need you, your talents, and your experience to drive our success.
Tenet3 provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, religion, age, disability, gender identity, results of genetic testing, or service in the military. Equal employment opportunity applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leave of absence, compensation, and training.