Tenet3 is seeking a systems security engineer to join our growing organization. In this position, you will evaluate weapons systems from the system level through the component level to advance systems security engineering methodologies for assurance and trustworthiness.
Essential Job Duties
- Investigative systems security engineer with systems engineering experience familiar with systems security engineering policies and technologies. Able to research and evaluate systems, subsystems, and components in order to research, develop, and prototype complex systems of systems assurance and trustworthiness frameworks.
- Experienced with advanced research techniques, information databases, data visualization, and related tools. Able to assess and collect data from a disparate list of sources, including but not limited to program documentation, product data sheets, bills of materials, schematics and briefings.
- Identify and track security assumptions, security engineering process requirements, security costs vs. requirements, and complex system of systems vulnerabilities.
- Perform system of systems vulnerability assessments and attack vector/path/surface analysis
- Collect and organize system trustworthiness and assurance data
- Connect multifaceted and disparate data types concerning the design, operation and maintenance of system software, firmware, hardware components, boards, line replaceable units, subsystems, and systems for Systems Security Engineering
- Identify and assess component sourcing and supply chain access points
- Perform mitigation analysis based on adversary/defender work factors
- Enumerate and estimate risks and perform impact analysis and risk based assessments
- Represent analysis and research results using tabular, pictorial or graphical techniques including Tenet3's software
- Deliver summary results to various levels of an organization in formats which are easy to understand; showing conclusions and relationships
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with technical writing skills
- Advanced writing, editing, presentation and listening skills to effectively convey multifaceted ideas
- Experience leveraging quantitative metrics in analytic products and analyzing complex trends
- Experience manipulating data visualization tools
- Knowledge of systems security engineering, DoD risk management framework, system security planning, anti-tamper technologies and supply chain illumination
- Familiar with vulnerability and weakness monitoring and description resources such as CAPEC, CVE, CWE CVSS, CWSS and trust-Hub.
- Working knowledge of python
- Ability to ramp up on a range of topics quickly, including technologies, processes, and organizations
- Ability work as part of a team to produce deliverables with high-quality writing in a short time frame using Microsoft PowerPoint, Word, and Excel (preference given for familiarity with LaTeX and Markdown)
- Eligibility for Department of Defense Security Clearance
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills
- Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering is desired, other technical degrees considered
- 2+ years of engineering/research experience in a technical field, systems security engineering, microelectronics or similar experience is desired
Salary and Benefits
- Very competitive salary
- Generous PTO
- Additional sick days
- Floating holidays
- Excellent health benefits including 100% medical, vision, and dental
- HSA with company contributions
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with company match and profit sharing
- Short and Long-term Disability
- Life Insurance
- Casual environment with smart, creative people
- Flex time
- Free coffee and snacks
Tenet3 is a cyber analytics company based in Dayton, Ohio. We develop software products supporting advanced machine learning, property graph analysis, and enhanced human cognition. Our tag line is Cybernetics. We seek synergies between human insights and machine automation. Working together our software platforms and human analysts enable a concept we call “explainable security.” This offers our customers a unique window into the trustworthiness of complex, interconnected, cyber-physical systems. Successful software drives our growth. We need you, your talents, and your experience to drive our success.