**Applications at all levels will be accepted through this posting**
Tenet3 is a growing cybersecurity and systems analytics firm in Dayton, OH. We provide solutions to difficult computer science, microelectronics engineering, and cloud-scale machine learning and data processing challenges. These solutions are delivered through software and services to government and commercial customers working on highly technical problems. We are looking for software engineers, cloud computing specialists, computer scientists, mathematicians, statisticians, computer engineers, and electrical engineers to help us as a member of our R&D staff.
As an R&D software engineer you will collaborate closely with company researchers, and interface with product teams across the company to develop and implement technology solutions to the problems our customers face. You will perform research and technology software development using state-of-the-art data science tools and frameworks, data visualization engines, and scalable cloud infrastructure for massive data processing. You will build software, cloud services, front end data visualizations, cloud infrastructure, and/or manage data repositories that are part of solutions to problems in cybersecurity, data privacy, and in AI and machine learning. Your responsibilities will accelerate the pace at which we can develop, prototype, evaluate, implement, and deploy cutting edge solutions for our customers. You will be motivated by your broad-base interest in data mining and analytics, AI and machine learning, big data processing, and in working on highly technical problems.
Responsibilities with Approximate Effort
10% - Interface with research, software development, and program acquisition teams to understand data analytics needs and requirements.
5% - Participate in project reporting, evaluation, and presentation efforts.
- Ability to obtain a U.S. Department of Defense security clearance.
- A BS in computer science, electrical engineering, computer engineering, mathematics, statistics, or related field.
- Fluent in one or more of: Python, R, C/C++.
- Experience with at least one of: PyTorch, Apache Jena, NoSQL Databases, MATLAB, OpenCV, React, Pixi, AWS, Docker, Terraform, Arduino, VLSI.
- Knowledge of software engineering life cycles, documentation, and design modeling.
- Ability to work independently and drive your own products.
- Ability to work in a dynamic environment, working multiple projects simultaneously.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills.
- An open and friendly attitude and willingness to work in a team.
- Team-player attitude willing to take from and offer direction to others.
- (Staff) 5+ years experience of building data-centric, AI software solutions using modern technology and cloud stacks (3+ years with MS/PhD).
- (Principal) 10+ years experience of building data-centric, AI/ML software systems for DoD or DoE related programs (5+ years with MS/PhD).
- (Principal) Portfolio of leadership experience managing and leading software developers and engineers on technical projects and in interacting with customers.
- MS or PhD in computer science, data science, or related graduate certificate.
- Major/minor combination involving engineering, mathematics, and/or statistics.
- 3+ years AWS or Azure experience and familiarity with their HPC technology stack.
- 3+ years experience in machine learning development and/or system engineering.
- Software development using ML (computer vision, NLP, text to speech, pattern recognition) technologies.
- A previously obtained DoD security clearance.
Salary and Benefits
- Very competitive salary
- Generous PTO
- Additional sick days
- Floating holidays
- Excellent health benefits including 100% medical, vision, and dental
- HSA with company contributions
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with company match and profit sharing
- Short and Long-term Disability
- Life Insurance
- Casual environment with smart, creative people
- Flex time
- Free coffee and snacks
Tenet3 is a cyber analytics company based in Dayton, Ohio. We develop software products supporting advanced machine learning, property graph analysis, and enhanced human cognition. Our tag line is Cybernetics. We seek synergies between human insights and machine automation. Working together our software platforms and human analysts enable a concept we call “explainable security.” This offers our customers a unique window into the trustworthiness of complex, interconnected, cyber-physical systems. Successful software drives our growth. We need you, your talents, and your experience to drive our success.
Tenet3 provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, religion, age, disability, gender identity, results of genetic testing, or service in the military. Equal employment opportunity applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leave of absence, compensation, and training.