Founded in November, 1998, Tencent is a leading provider of Internet value added services in China. Since its establishment, Tencent has maintained steady growth under its user-oriented operating strategies. On June 16, 2004, Tencent Holdings Limited (SEHK 700) went public on the main board of the Hong Kong Stock Exchange. Tencent is focused on bringing high-quality and engaging internet services and entertainment to its users. In China, Tencent is the largest publisher of online games and we work together with world-renown developers such as Activision, Epic Games, Halfbrick Studios, King, and Riot Games.
About Our Team
Tencent Overseas IT aims to empower its rapid global growth with future-ready, global IT platforms, applications, and services. We are chartered to lead the Overseas IT strategy, architecture, roadmap, and execution. Our top aspirations are to satisfy our internal/external customers and become a world-class global IT team.
We seek a passionate IT Engineer Intern to work closely with our Overseas IT and various business teams. This position will promote OIT products & events by unlocking the potential of digital graphic technology. Our IT team aims to provide the best DAY 1 experience for new Tencent employees and daily experience for all users.
● Collaborate with HR, Admin and Training team to provide the best DAY 1 experience for new Tencent employees, as well as daily experience.
● Collaborate with global IT team to standardize employee Hardware/Software, streamline procurement/shipping process, and establish Overseas IT Asset management.
● Oversee the maintenance, repair or replacement of computer units or other technological components.
● Communicate with customers to identify their requirement and ensure their needs are met, provide follow up services to ensure customer satisfaction and resolve client issues.
● Properly escalate unresolved issues according to Overseas IT Escalation Process.
● Manage PC setup and deployment for new employees, develop automation to create optimized Windows/macOS images, updated as needed.
● Consolidate overseas IT knowledge documents in one place for overseas users’ self-help and regional peer support.
● Align with continuous improvement program focused on business value, process optimization, cost avoidance, cost reductions and IT “Speed to Market.”
Who we are looking for:
Self-motivated, articulate, passionate to deliver the best result and achieve the highest customer satisfaction. Quick learner.
Love satisfying customers with a state-of-the art cloud solution, automation, realizing ideas, building services, and unlocking the potential of new technology!
Collaborative, independent, insistent, flexible, and open minded. And you see no conflict in any of these things.
Knowledgeable, resourceful and show initiative. You always keep the customer’s objectives in mind.
Positive by nature, a great team player, and both dependable and autonomous.
Customer oriented and could work at a very fast pace.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business (Management Information Systems), Computer Science, Business (Other) or equivalent.
- Must be self-motivated and able to work independently, with little supervision.
Fluent in Chinese and English is preferred in order to communicate with various stakeholders in headquarters.
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion at Tencent:
Diversity, equity and inclusion are important, interdependent components of our workplace. As an equal opportunity employer, we firmly believe that diverse voices fuel our innovation and allow us to better serve our users and the community. We foster an environment where every employee of Tencent feels supported and inspired to achieve individual and common goals.