Lightspeed Studios are one of the world’s most innovative and successful game developers. With team across China, United States, Singapore, Canada, Japan, South Korea, and New Zealand.
Founded in 2008, LightSpeed Studios has created over 50 games across multiple platforms and genres for more than 4 billion registered users. It is the co-developer of worldwide hits PUBG MOBILE, and Apex Legends Mobile.
-Our Vision: To Create the LIGHTSPEED Universe, the ecosystem that connects players and developers around the world.
-Our Mission: To explore the future of gaming with true passion for games.
-Our Slogan: the future of gaming with true passion for games.
LightSpeed Tech Center is a centralized platform for LightSpeed Studios, including game engine, audio, QA, AI, tech partnership, research & development, and other tech-related teams. We are seeking a Senior Game Backend Software Engineer to join us in New Zealand.
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced, passionate, creative and technical Audio Lead to join our in-house sound team and help create world-class audio content
● Design and implement immersive, next-gen audio content and systems to engage players and enrich game narrative.
● Design, edit, mix and master audio assets.
● Implement and author interactive, real-time sound using middleware and scripting tools to bring soundscapes to life.
● Author and integrate audio assets through middleware and in-engine.
● Manage a team of sound designers, providing guidance and feedback on audio standards, quality, consistency, and implementation.
● Create and edit new sound effects using various recording techniques, professional audio editing tools, plug-ins, hardware and props.
● Work closely with Audio engineers to design systems and methodologies with the goal to raise the bar in game audio.
● Collaborate with the Audio Director to execute and deliver on audio features and ensure defined aesthetic is met throughout production.
● Engage in the planning and execution of recording sessions in the field, studio and mocap stage,
recording real-world sounds and foley.
● Sound design and mix cinematic audio content to blend seamlessly with gameplay audio.
● Direct recording sessions with actors as needed.
● Understand emotion and tension in storytelling, and be able to design narrative-driven audio.
● Excellent sound design aesthetic with a keen ear for detail.
● 5+ years of experience in AAA game audio.
● 3+ years’ experience leading a team.
● A desire to push game audio further with new ideas and methodologies.
● A grasp of logic and scripting methods for interactive audio implementation within a game engine.
● Imaginative and creative use of audio production tools, foley performance and capture, props,
and recording techniques to create high-quality original content.
● Fluent in interactive audio and post production techniques.
● Expert command of sound design & mixing techniques, processes and tools.
● Ability to create world-class audio content spread across multiple styles and genres.
● WWISE middleware proficiency.
● Field and studio recording experience.
● Proficiency in Nuendo, Pro-Tools or Reaper
● Experience/familiarity with industry standard plugins (Fab Filter, Altiverb, Waves, Izotope, etc)
Desirable skills and Experience
● Experience designing sounds and sound systems for weapons, vehicles, physics, and weather.
● Experience working on environmental audio, sound propagation and 3D audio
● Technical skills and understanding of audio rendering and compression technologies, and codecs.
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion at Tencent:
Diversity, equity and inclusion are important, interdependent components of our workplace. As an equal opportunity employer, we firmly believe that diverse voices fuel our innovation and allow us to better serve our users and the community. We foster an environment where every employee of Tencent feels supported and inspired to achieve individual and common goals.