Tencent is an Internet-based platform company founded in Shenzhen, China, in 1998. We use technology to enrich the lives of Internet users and assist the digital upgrade of enterprises. Our mission is "Value for Users, Tech for Good". We embrace a culture of teamwork & creativity and are driven by our values - Integrity, Proactivity, Collaboration and Creativity.
We are rapidly expanding our international operations and are looking for top talent to propel us forward. Combining the results-oriented nature of a startup with the resources of a profitable and leading Internet company, Tencent offers a unique opportunity for aspiring individuals to thrive.
About Tencent Games
Tencent Games was launched in 2003 and is now the largest gaming company in the world, achieving game related revenues of $33 billion in 2021. As a leading global organisation for game development, publishing and operations, we are dedicated to providing high-quality interactive entertainment experiences to players and currently offer more than 140 games including PUBG MOBILE, Call of Duty Mobile, Honor of Kings and League of Legends to hundreds of millions of players across more than 200 countries and regions. Tencent Games offers talented individuals the opportunity to help shape and build something unique within the gaming industry as a whole.
About the Team
Game Research Center(GRC) is a department focusing on game industry study, game analysis, game design research, data analysis and game development supporting. We’re one of the world’s leading research facility in game industry, building a global knowledge tank to help our teams make better decisions. We’re looking for innovative and passionate team members who love all kinds of games and have insight about the challenging global market.
About the Role
- Provide advice and reports to game developers based on GAAS (Game as a service) and global gaming experience.
- Conduct research and write game research reports on project design and future analysis, construct and producing solid ideas to improve group’s decisions.
- Provide GAAS knowledge on different 2A/3A projects, working with teams to solve problems on the projects.
- Support top GAAS games on mobile, console and PC, create next-gen gameplay, GAAS update frameworks, monetization system and development innovations.
- 5 years' experience in game design or development in gaming industry, with a strong understanding about gameplay and major genres.
- 2 years project experience in successful GAAS(Game as a service) game company, which GAAS game’s yearly revenue should be more than 100 million US$ in one of markets as below: North America, Europe, Japan, Korea, South East Asia, Middle East or LATAM America.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English.
- Strong research and analysis skill, good understanding of global game development.
- Excellent at building strong spread sheet or slides based on data and graph to prove opinions, deliver insight to management teams.
- Team Leader of Global Game Research Team (China based)
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion at Tencent:
Diversity, equity and inclusion are important, interdependent components of our workplace. As an equal opportunity employer, we firmly believe that diverse voices fuel our innovation and allow us to better serve our users and the community. We foster an environment where every employee of Tencent feels supported and inspired to achieve individual and common goals.