Tencent Games is expanding internationally and is looking for dynamic and well-rounded Legal Counsel to be a key member of a newly formed team focused on Tencent Games’ international business. As Legal Counsel, you will have a ground level opportunity to support international and domestic game studios in game development, advise game publishing groups as they operate in various territories, and be responsible for various international issues.
Role & Responsibilities
- Provide advice on a wide range of legal and business matters in the areas of development, licensing, technology, operations, marketing, policy, governance, and publishing.
- Draft and negotiate complex international licensing agreements, distribution agreements, professional services agreements, content development agreements, and other general commercial agreements.
- Contribute to the development and continuous improvement of policies, forms, trainings, and processes to ensure operational efficiency and compliance with US, European, and other international laws and regulations.
- Collaborate with external counsel and other Tencent attorneys based around the world, including in mainland China, Hong Kong, EU, and the US.
- Develop creative solutions to support business needs while mitigating risk in a constantly evolving industry.
- You have three or more years of experience working in a law firm or in-house legal department, providing services to video game, technology, entertainment, or similar clients.
- You have strong academic credentials and are a member of a relevant Bar or other recognized legal association.
- You are passionate about IP, content, and have broad experience with IP and corporate transactions work.
- You enjoy supporting clients from project conception through live operations, in a dynamic environment.
- You have excellent communication skills and can establish strong working relationships with business leads.
- You can work independently to manage the entire contract process from initial contact through negotiation and execution.
- You speak English (mandarin Chinese a plus).
- You like video games.
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion at Tencent:
Diversity, equity and inclusion are important, interdependent components of our workplace. As an equal opportunity employer, we firmly believe that diverse voices fuel our innovation and allow us to better serve our users and the community. We foster an environment where every employee of Tencent feels supported and inspired to achieve individual and common goals.